Chapter 16

Luke

I was up early the next morning as were all of the guys considering we were all curious to see the green eyed bird and find out her answer about traveling with us. I was quick to clean my arm and leg, applying the stuff that she had given Sean and me for our wounds, it seemed to be working great. "Well let's go find Cupcake." I grinned out only to be stopped by North standing in my path. "No, you are not going out there to find that crazy bird with that leg of yours." He grunted, arms crossed as he scowled at me. "That crazy bird saved me in case you've forgotten." I pouted back as he narrowed his eyes at me. 

"She also held a knife to my throat and later threw it at my head." He growled back and I couldn't help the snicker at that. "I know that was so awesome!" I chuckled as his face darkened. "Well somebody has to go find her and they should probably take the Doc or Luke since they seem to be the two she's more comfortable with right now." Vic said and I was glad someone could see my side of things at least. "Yeah and I can walk a good deal better than Doc can right now, sooooooo..." I trailed off as I sent a grin to North and he swore under his breath. 

"Fine, but I'm coming with you." He grumbled out as he grabbed his gun. "Just try not to look like you want to shoot her, because I know for a fact she shoots back." I teased as I playfully winked his way. "Shut it Lucian, let's just find her so we can have her tell us off and get on our way." He grunted as he stalked off in the direction she left last night, I chuckled softly as I hurried to catch up. I had a feeling that even if the bird wasn't originally planning on coming with us she certainly would now, just to piss North off probably, if they didn't start a fire fight first.

                                                North

That stupid bird and her stupid running off seriously got on my nerves, I just wanted to get on our way not trample through the woods with my injured brother. I couldn't see why she had to go off on her own in the first place anyway, it wasn't like we were going to try anything with her annoying a**. I couldn't deny that she was beautiful but Gabe had a point about her being Trouble, more trouble than she was worth really.  "Where is she?" I grumbled out as I scanned the ground, the hoof prints we had been following had just suddenly disappeared into nothing. 

"No clue but I think I'd say she would be great at hide and seek, I mean where do you hide a thousand pound horse?!" Luke seemed far too into this, and I certainly did not approve of the birds little game. We walked a couple hundred yards in the same direction before I suddenly caught sight of the large black horse eating the grass at his feet as he silently watched us, but where was his rider? I found her small campfire that had turned to nothing but dying embers but there was no sign of her on the ground. I was pulled from my thoughts wondering where she and her things had disappeared to when Luke tapped me on the shoulder. 

"What?" I grunted to him as I kicked dirt on the fire. "I think I found her." he whispered and then I saw where he was pointing. I looked high up in a nearby tree to see the face of a familiar mutt watching us with predatory eyes. "How the h*** did he get up there?!" I shouted and suddenly another head popped up as she aimed her drawn bow down at us. "I think that answers your question." Luke snickered as he called up to her, I was stunned into silence for a moment before my words came back to me and boy did I have a lot to say.

                                               Sang