Chapter 33

Sang

I didn't particularly hate being one of the few remaining women left on the planet, but there are times when I really wish I was born a boy, this was one of those times. It never failed, at least two days every single month of the year, the first two days were the worst possible days for my cramps and mood swings. That had never been a problem until now, I'd always been fine because I didn't hang around other people, but with 9 male travel companions things were different. Having been interrupted from my sleep a few times due to the aching I wasn't exactly the most rested of the group by morning, which was not helping my mood. I had decided to get up at 5 since my cramps weren't subsiding and I accepted my fate, suffering them out in silence until the boys woke up.

 I would have had some herbal tea to drink by now if we had been camping outside, but we couldn't have a fire in the gym, so no tea pain relief for me. I went to use the locker room again and decided to take another hot shower before getting back into my clothes. I stomped back out to find the guys awake and packing their stuff up, we had 22 miles till our next stop and the boys wanted to leave early for once. The one day I felt like staying put and being wrapped up in my immovable hatred for my female reproductive system. I went to collect Nightmare and lead him outside to graze a bit while the boys finished getting ready to go, I fed Arrow some jerky while sucking on some mint leaves to help settle my churning stomach.

 The boys filed out of the school doors and I mounted up without a word, urging Nightmare on at a trot despite the boys calling after me, I left them in our dust. I pulled Nightmare to a stop once we hit the point of four miles from the school we'd left behind, dismounting to let him graze while the boys caught up. Arrow gave a whine as I hissed at a particularly strong cramp shooting across my lower back, I took a moment to catch my breath before assuring him I was okay with a ruffle of his ears. 

"What the f*** Sang Baby! Why did you take off like that?!" North roared out as he and the rest of my idiotic male companions finally showed up. "That's none of your d*** business North now help Sean mount up and let's get moving, the quicker we get there the better." I grunted back with a scowl in return waiting until Sean was settled on the stallion before leading them ahead once more. I didn't feel like talking with, or looking at another human being right now and I was stuck with 9 of them. Couldn't they tell I wanted to be left alone!? I was already fantasizing about the pain I could bring onto North with my knife after his angry outburst, too much more attitude and I might start shooting at him.

 I was glad that the boys kept quiet for the next 6 miles of walking until we stopped for a bathroom break, the silence made their presence more tolerable to my irritated hormones. I took my bag along and took care of my business, hiding the evidence away before rejoining the boys, slowly mounting up as we continued on. "Alright what the f*** did we do to piss you off so much you won't even look at us or talk to us, when you were perfectly fine doing both last night!?" North growled out and I tried to bite my tongue, but my words still slipped out. "Your very existence is enough to piss me off right now you bloody idiot!" I hissed back.

 "So now your back to insulting us, what next are you going to shoot me?!" North retorted. "Don't tempt me." I puffed angrily back to his scowl. "What the h*** is your problem!?" North roared as the others tried and failed to quiet him. "I'm sorry I don't feel all sunshine and rainbows at the moment since my uterus is trying to commit suicide by strangulation!" I shouted back, clenching my bow tightly in my fist. I saw confusion flash over the boys faces except for Sean who seemed to have a look of horrified understanding in his eyes, fear me Doctor boy. "What?" North grunted uncertainty coating his words.