Chapter 56

Sang

I walked into Jay's room to find it full with everyone fawning over the snake bite boy as they helped him sit up and drink. "There you are, guess it wasn't such a false hope after all." Jay croaked out when he saw me. "I try not to lie to people when I know they're already dying, but I don't give up on them easy either." I raised back as he coughed out a chuckle. "Wait, you're the one who made the stuff that saved him?" Rocky asked as he stood from beside the bed and stepped towards me. I only had time to nod before he wrapped his arms around me and lifted me into a hug, usually I would fight someone for such an action but I patted his back gently until he released me. 

"Thank you." Rocky murmured out as he looked from me back to where Jay was sitting in bed with Jess fussing over him, Will was standing awkwardly to the side. "It's no problem, just do me a favor?" I said lowly. "Anything." He nodded eagerly. "Watch out from them, all of them. Really, I guess just keep doing what you're doing because it seems to be working." I whispered to him before glancing knowingly to the boys, smiling at how they seemed surprised by my accusation. "Jess if you plan on staying here tonight let me know, I'll stop by later to check in but I've got to go finish tanning those pig hides. I'll see you all later." I waved goodbye as I headed outside to go check on the animals in the barn.

 I stopped by the kitchen to get a snack for Arrow and I before heading to check on Nightmare and the goats. When I got to the barn I was surprised to find 6 more goats inside, three of the does had kidded sometime overnight. Lily had twins, a solid white boy, and a peculiar white doe with brown ears and blue eyes. Then little Daisy had a tiny white daughter, the only color on her was her adorable black nose spot. At first I wasn't sure if Mocha was taking care of one of the others kids but watching them it was clear that all of her three babies were hers and healthy. 

She had a brown and black little buckling, a black and tan girl, and an adorable brown and tan little doe that was speckled with white patches of fur. "Jess is going to love all of you, once she can actually stand leaving Jay's side for more than a second." I puffed out as I fed all of them and made sure they were all looking good and healthy. I fixed up their fence onto new pasture before letting all of them out with a nod, then it was time to get to work. I went to collect the pig hides and brains, setting up my little tanning station as I settled into the familiar long and tasking process.

                                                     Jade

I looked into my hand mirror as I raised my hand to the bandage on my face, hissing at the touch of pain. That crazy b**** had broken my nose, who cares if she saved my f***ed up brother, what about my own f***ing face!? "She really did a f***ing number on you, didn't she." Greg chuckled out as he leaned against the doorway of my cottage. He was annoying but useful, and he wasn't half bad in bed when it came time for his payment. "It's not f***ing funny, this will scare away some of my customers, how else am I supposed to get favors!?" I hissed at him, wincing at the pain the action brought. 

"I might not be one of your regulars but I think it's safe to say they don't come here for your face. Now what is it you wanted that made you call me here this time?" He scoffed as I motioned him inside. "It's that stupid b**** Sang, she's going after my men and I want that to stop, now." I spat out. "No offense f*** face, but they are the ones going after her, they've got plenty of reasons. I mean she's a good hunter since everyone's eating the meat she brings in, and she's a lot better in looks than your sorry a**." He stated and I glared at him the best I could despite the bandage.