Chapter 71

Luke

No. No. No. No. No. This could not be happening. I sank to the ground with a whimper as the docs and scientists rushed over to where Cupcake was spazing out on the floor. Why would she do this? What was she thinking? We couldn't lose her like this, we couldn't lose her at all. "She's seizing, get her on her side!" I heard someone shout but I was so zoned in on her that I wasn't sure who had spoken. 

"F*** No." I felt Gabe sink down beside me as we watched on helplessly as they got her onto another bed. North threw something and Axel had to enlist Raven to help drag my little brother outside to cool down. When they came back a few moments later North was silently fuming but not throwing things, and Raven had a bloody nose. When they started to do CPR on her I knew she was succumbing to the virus, and I just curled up on my spot of the floor as the world crumbled in around me. 

                                                         Sean

Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. Please just breathe! I had taken up the position of giving poor pale and lifeless Pookie some chest compressions. "How much did she inject into her system?" I heard Phillips rush out and clattering as I kept my focus on bringing back our bird. "She took three times as much as we we're giving the rats, she should be dead by now." I heard Miller comment and my gut sank. "Come on Pookie, breathe, PLEASE!" I renewed my compressions as Ramirez forced air into her via the bag we had. I was getting tired and time was running out to bring her back without brain damage, Ramirez switched places but stopped almost as soon as he started. 

"It's no use...." his tone was apologetic and it infuriated me. "No you don't get to decide that! We can't just give up on her like that, she's more..." I was shouting in panic as arms grabbed me tightly to keep from lunging for him. "Sean! Sean, that's enough!" I turned to confront him but the look of sheer devastation on Owen Blackbourne's face wiped out every ounce of fight in me. I stared back at him as the tears trailed down my cheeks, when I heard an agonized scream I sank to my knees and sobbed in relief at the sound. She might be in horrible agonizing pain and we might still lose her but at that moment my sweet little Pookie was breathing again, for now that was all that mattered.

                                                        Sang

Fire. My blood felt like it was on fire. I could remember when I grabbed the syringe and getting the deadly blue liquid that I injected in my arm. The action was so easy until I saw the anguish on the boys faces and I hated hurting them but it had to be done for Jess and Arrow's sake. I remember blacking out into nothingness but now everything was sheer pain and fire. I could hear a lot of screaming and it took a moment for it to sink in that I was one of the ones screaming, I didn't know who tje others were. It was like I could feel the liquid death moving through my veins as it worked to overtake my body, and it sucked. 

"Sang! Sang, can you hear me!?" I heard my name being called and struggled to open my eyes as steel grey ones stared back at me. "You don't have to f***ing shout, I feel like I've got a migraine the size of Texas." I groaned out on a hiss, arching off the bed at the pain shooting through my limbs. "Pookie, what are you feeling right now?" Sean rushed out he seemed to be wiping away tears and choking back sobs. "Pain. A h*** of a lot of it. I thought the step monster was bad with her beatings but this is a billion times worse than her and an angry mama bear combined." I barely coughed out as the fire suddenly fled and left ice coursing through my body as I shivered violently. "Little bird what were you thinking?" Phillips scolded out as he checked me over.