Chapter 61

Sang

I went back to the cottage to wash up from our hunt before changing into a set of clean clothes. I even exchanged Arrow's bandage for a fresh one and brushed out his fur to make him a bit more presentable for some introductions. Once we both were ready to go I grabbed my bow from the nearby table and headed out to meet Axel and the others at the main house. I smiled gently to Axel and Corey before sending a questioning look towards Victor since he wasn't in our original plans. 

"Axel asked me to come along, that maybe it might help with your questioning if I'm there." Victor smiled softly and I nodded, he was a lot less threatening than Brandon or Raven. "Well, let's get going shall we." I gestured for them to lead the way and I was quick to follow. The first place we stopped at was the Thompson team, an older group of three men and their bird. Meeting them was a bit awkward, Axel had told me they liked to keep to themselves mostly. I knew even if he hadn't said that I would have figured it out on my own by how wary they were, they had no real interest in talking with us. 

When I explained someone had broken into my cottage and we were wondering if they had any similar issues, they were quick to deny any problems and send us on our way. "And you thought I was rude." I huffed softly to Victor once we were far enough away. "They aren't so bad when it comes to helping out, they just don't do well in social interactions." Victor chuckled out. "Neither do I, but that doesn't mean I go scowling at the entire world for no reason." I sighed as Axel smiled slightly my way. "There is a reason I chose to go to them first, the Anderson team is a lot easier to talk with." Axel said kindly as he led the way to another large home in a secluded part of the trees. 

When he knocked a middle-aged woman came to the door and welcomed us all in with a smile. "Hello Axel, we've all been waiting for you." She smiled as she gestured to the four men sitting in the room. "And this must be Sang, sweetie you look absolutely gorgeous. My name is Lilly and these are my husband's, Henry is our family lead, Liam and William are the family protectors of sorts and John over here is as lovable as they come." She smiled as she introduced herself and the men, I blushed slightly at her compliment before shaking all of their hands. "It's nice to meet all of you, as you already know I'm Sang and this is my wolf dog Arrow." I smiled as he chose to sit at my feet and keep a watchful eye on the new people. 

"Is he dangerous?" Liam asked as he studied my pet with a frown. "Very, but only when I need him to be. He is also injured right now, that's actually part of the reason we came here." I explain as they turn their attention to me, I send a glance to Axel and catching his nod I relax slightly. "What do you mean little bird?" Henry asks intently. "A few nights ago my cottage was broken into while I was sleeping, Arrow here attacked the intruder in my defense. By the time I could get to him whoever broke in had cut a slice in his shoulder and ran off, but whoever they were they are probably still hurting from Arrow's bite." I state clearly. 

"Oh, that's awful! Who would do such a thing and break in to hurt such a sweet girl?!" Lilly cried out. I was a bit surprised when John got up and disappeared into another room before coming back with a whole fish. "If he's willing to risk his life to protect people against a possible attack then he's welcome here." John stated as he tossed the fish to Arrow, and after I gave him the okay he happily scarfed it down. I decided in that moment that I liked the Anderson team, especially John with how easily he accepted my strange pet, unlike many who feared him.