Chapter 58

Sang

I ended up spending the next few hours with Owen, Sean and Kota as we went over everything that had happened. We all had lunch together in Kota's office before everyone had things to do and went back to work. I called goodbye to Kota as I went to check in on my friends in medical, Jay seemed in higher spirits today. Jess was seated by his side until I showed up and she decided to talk with me in the waiting room when she saw Arrow's bandage, leaving Rocky to stick with Jay. "What happened?" She asked with clear worry on her face. "Someone broke into the cottage and Arrow attacked them to defend me, whoever it was took a slice at him and ran off before I could take a shot." I answer her truthfully.

 "Are you alright!?" She blurts as she starts fussing over me but I wave her away gently. "I'm fine, Arrow did his job in protecting me." I assure her and she praises him. "Wait, is that why you always leave him with me if you head out in the morning and I'm still at home?" She frowns at me and I shrug. "You might trust these people Jess but I've lived long enough to know better, although there are some exceptions. I'm still here because I'm always extra cautious, that's not just going to suddenly change." I huffed back and she sighed on a nod before grinning at me. "I take it my brother and his friends are some of those exceptions?" She hummed out and I scoffed at her.

 "Oh hush you, if you want to talk about romantic relationships so much, why don't we talk about yours?" I challenged back. "I don't have any..." she squeaked but I sent her a look. "So you fawning over Jay and sending sideways glances at Will and Rocky has nothing to do with you liking them?" I raised as her face bloomed bright red. "What...I... Um... I don't know what you're talking about." She squeaked as she fiddled with the hem of her shirt, not able to meet my eyes. "You know you are a lot like your brother when it comes to nervousness and lying." I state playfully. "You don't know what you're talking about." She huffed defensively.

 "Really? Are you sure about that? From what little I've seen, I'd say Jay and Rocky are romantically involved with each other. Then you have Will who I think is trying to join their group since they happen to be good friends but he isn't into guys. I think Kayli mentioned that the three of them are trying to become their own team with Jay as the lead, am I missing anything?" I quzzied as she gapped at me in shock. "How do you know all that?" She whisper hissed at me. "The same way I know you like them, I'm observant Jess, you'd be surprised what you can learn if you're paying attention." I hummed back. "Like what?" She pouted and I smiled playfully at her.

 "You see how Jay and Rocky look at each other right?" I asked. "You'd have to be blind not to, but what does that have to do with anything?" She scoffed. "Because all three of those boys look at you the same way those two look at each other, they like you too Jess." I murmured as her jaw dropped again. "No...they...I...What?" She whimpered out. "You don't have to believe me but I have no reason to lie to you. I dropped by to check in and let you know that Lily, Daisy and Mocha all had their rabies and they're doing great." I changed the subject for her sake and went on to describe each kid to her. 

"I'll go check on them tonight, they're moving Jay back to his and Rocky's place today. They said he's doing well enough to move now and there's nothing they can do for him here that he can't have done at home." She stated happily. "I'll have to go back to work tomorrow though." She whined out. "You'll be fine, just watch out for snakes. I made some gloves for you out of those hides this morning, they are at the cottage when you want them." I smiled as she hugged me in thanks before going back to Jay's room, I headed for the barn to check on the animals before going back to work on Kayli's jacket.

 I was still struggling with the measurements a bit when Arrow perked up and gave a low rumble to alert me of someone approaching outside. "Oy Trouble! You in here!?" Gabe called as he burst right in, Arrow growled but seeing it was one of the boys he stayed in his spot at my feet. "Meanie you might not want to come barging in when Arrow is in his protective mode after last night, he's still a bit on edge." I warned the boy as I soothed my protective pup with some scratches. "So it's f***ing true that someone broke in last night!" Gabe huffed as he sent a glance at Arrow and I shrugged. "So Kota told you then?" I hummed out and he paused. "Trouble, how'd you know it was Kota?" He frowned. 

"Because Owen is too proper to tell anyone outside a team meeting and I'm fairly certain Sean's helping Jay get set up at home." I stated and he nodded agreement. "Well at least Arrow took a chunk out of the f***er who thought it was okay to break in on both of you. Also what the h*** are you doing Trouble?" He frowned at my mess of hide and sewing material that was slowly becoming a jacket. "Well I'm trying to make a jacket for Kayli out of the hides Jess and I tanned but I just can't seem to get the measurements right without asking Kayli herself." I mutter in annoyance. 

"Well Trouble, lucky for you I know those f***ing measurements by heart. With all the d*** styling work I do around here I can give them to you, but only if you agree to my deal." He bargained. "What kind of deal?" I hummed at him curiously. "Tomorrow after your training I want to spend the day with you, a f***ing date Trouble, are up up for it?" Gabe raised and I couldn't help grinning. "Gabriel if you want to go on a date you just have to ask, no need for a deal but if that's how you want it, I'm more than happy to agree to those terms." I teased and he grinned back. "F***ing fine then!" Gabe howled out as he took a seat beside me and got to work helping with the measurements as I sewed. 

I agreed to meet up with him tomorrow before calling goodbye as he headed for the dining hall and I headed for the barn. I made sure everyone was well and put all my animals up for the night before grabbing some stew from the kitchen and meat for Arrow. I didn't stick around since I wanted to be back before Jess, sure enough I had only dished out the two bowls of stew before she came in. "Well Jay is settled back into his cottage with Rocky, I'm going to check on him after my garden shift tomorrow morning." She said between gobbling down her share of stew. "That's good, and I've got another date tomorrow after training." I sighed out as I let Arrow lick up the remains from my empty stew bowl.

 "They really do care about you Sang, all of them." She sighed with a smile and I nodded, I cared for them too. "Same way your boys care about you Jess." I hummed back. "They're not my boys." She scoffed with an eyeroll. "But they could be, soon enough." I replied softly in return. "Whatever, I'm exhausted. Goodnight." She murmured as she headed off for bed. I cleaned up our dishes and let Arrow out to use the bathroom before locking up and putting the chest in front of the door again. Once I made sure everything was secure I used the bathroom and headed to bed myself, it didn't take long for sleep to pull me under while cuddling up with Arrow as he stayed my loyal guard.