Chapter 63

Sang

I woke early to check on the barn pets before heading over to Jay's cottage to check on Jess only to find the three boys standing out on the porch and talking softly amongst themselves. "How is she?" I asked softly as they all turned to meet me with varying looks of concern on their faces. "She's doing better now, she finally went to sleep a couple hours ago. This is the second time I owe the safety of someone I care about to you. Thank you." Rocky said on a murmur and I nodded to him. "So you boys finally told her you had feelings for her, I was wondering when you'd get the guts." I snort softly. 

"Wait how did you..." Will sputtered out and I sent him a pointed look. "You honestly think I'd trust her go to a barn alone with you idiots if I didn't know you liked her?" I raised as Will gaped at me and Rocky looked a little puzzled. "You set that up didn't you, that's why you invited us all to have dinner with you." Jay chuckled out. "Well someone had to give you a shove in the right direction, besides I like the way you look out for her, it wins you boys a vote in my book." I shrugged in return. "So that means ber brother knows about our interest in her?" Will whispered out softly. 

"Yeah and her interest in you as well, all of the boys know now." I state as he groans in response. Yeah dating your bosses sister wasn't the best idea Will, but the heart wants what it wants and all that. "So they are okay with us and her?" Jay questioned hopefully. "Well for the boys it hasn't quite set in just yet, for me like I said I like you boys looking out for her. That however doesn't mean that if you so much as hurt a hair on her head or cause her any sort of pain then I won't hesitate to kill you, no matter the consequences." I raise with a dangerous tint in my tone, punctuated by Arrow's low growl. "We'd never dream of it." Jay agreed as he sent a glance to my protective pup.

 I gave them a quick rundown on what I knew and that Jade had yet to be punished, a fact which didn't sit well with them either. I was allowed in to check on Jess who was sleeping peacefully before taking my leave as I went to meet up at the Toma household. I did my training with North and Raven as usual before I went to help out in the kitchen with Luke and Gabe for breakfast. They informed me that there would be a meeting after dinner tonight of all the higher ups in the community, there Jade's fate would be decided. I informed them that I would be dining with Owen alone tonight and Gabe insisted on getting me ready for that very date. 

I stayed for hours to help in the kitchen until the breakfast and lunch rush was over. I made a stop by the barn to check on the animals then I went home to the cottage to rest a bit before my date tonight. I only had a few hours of peace before Gabe showed up with a portable metal tub that he set up in the kitchen and filled with water. I washed up the best I could while he waited outside, slipping back in my swimsuit before he agreed to come in and wash my hair. I enjoyed the relaxing scalp massage as much as I could before he ushered me out of the tub and brought in my outfit for the night. "Wow Meanie... Is this the dress you made me?" I breathed out in awe at the hide now dyed a silvery grey.

 "It isn't f***ing much, but it is something." Gabe sighed with a pout. "Yeah, it's something beautiful." I breathed out in return as I studied the dress. It had tank top sleeves and reached down to my mind thigh, it was completely dyed a silvery grey that made me wonder how Gabe had accomplished the hides color. I liked the simplicity of the dress it seemed a perfect beauty, it fit me brilliantly once I'd taken enough time to stop admiring and actually put it on. Even though I wasn't much for dressing up since I lived in a world where dresses didn't mix with survival, when I saw my reflection I decided just this once couldn't hurt.