Chapter 59

Sang

I woke up to find Jess gone and was surprised that I hadn't heard her leave, I must have been sleeping better than I thought. I knew Arrow wouldn't be aggressive or alert me of Jess moving about because to him she was under our protection and was trusted. I got around and went to take care of Nightmare and the goats before getting breakfast with the guys working in the kitchen with Uncle. Today it was Silas, Luke and Nathan that were getting everything together for the early risers like me. "So you've got a date with Gabe today Cupcake?" Luke pouted his lip at me as he handed me Arrow's food, I easily tossed it to my waiting pooch. 

"Yeah, he asked me to spend the day with him after training." I shrugged, smiling in thanks to Silas as he put a plate full of food in front of me. "And you said yes? Peanut you might be regretting that later." Nathan chuckled out. "When he came home last night he couldn't stop talking about it, and you Aggele." Silas rumbled out. "Is that a bad thing? I'm not trying to be conceited or anything but I think he has the right to be excited. I mean unlike some people he did finally pluck up the courage to ask me out, so knowing he's excited to spend time with me is a bit flattering. Wouldn't you agree?" I hummed out as the boys shared a look.

 I'd been on a date with two of them but Nathan still hadn't shown interest in asking me out, so part of my comment was pointed at him. "Well then Peanut, since you have plans today, are you free to go on a hunting date with me tomorrow?" Nate asked hopefully and I grinned at him. "I thought you'd never ask, of course I will Honey." I teased playfully before digging into my plate of food. When I finished eating I called goodbye to the boys, then I went to grab Kayli's new jacket before heading to the Toma house. They weren't outside when I showed up so when I knocked and they called me to come inside, I happily made my way to their living room. 

"Good morning everyone." I smiled to Axel, Raven and Corey before focusing on Kayli. "Here Kayli, a gift as a sort of thanks for the other day, and because you're not half bad as a friend." I stated as I handed her the jacket, she took it and stared down at the fabric in awe. "It's so nice and new, where did you get this?" She asked on a whisper. "I made it myself, although I did have to get a little help from Gabe to get the measurements right." I smiled. "You made this, for me?" She asked and I nodded. "This is made out of fresh animal hide, it's soft too." Axel praised as he inspected the jackets sleeve. "Yeah, I tan the hides of most if not all of my kills. I usually end up brain tanning since it's the method where the ingredients are easy to come by and tanning chemicals are not." I shrugged.

 "That's hard work, no one here has ever tanned hides like that but I have read about it. No one really likes to go near dead animals and their by-products since we never know if doing so might kill us. Everyone seems to be getting a lot more confident in the meat though since you and your pet have showed up." Corey said softly as he nodded towards Arrow. "Why does the wolf have a wrap on his shoulder?" Raven frowned, I guess they didn't get the info on what happened yet.

 "Someone broke into our cottage a couple nights ago when I was sleeping, Arrow attacked them and whoever he took a bite out of slashed at him and caught his shoulder. We still haven't found who broke in but whoever it was is probably hurting more than Arrow is by now, there was a small blood trail leading out from my porch before it cut off. If the bite doesn't kill the idiot who hurt my pet, I will when we find him." I stated firmly. "He hasn't shown up in medical?" Kayli asked. "Hard to stay hidden with a dog bite when the only one with a dog is the house you broke into." Axel answered and I nodded my agreement.