Chapter 54

Sang

I led the way over to a nearby stream in order to clean up a bit as Arrow took up his guard post. I had given him a silent order not to interfere with North and I making out, otherwise I'd be dealing with a dead body instead of a flustered boy. "What are you doing?" North sputtered out as I slipped out of my jeans and pulled my swimsuit bottoms off. "Cleaning up genius. I'm not exactly worried about you seeing my naked a**, Gabe has already and I'm not really shy about it." I scoff at him as I kneel down to rinse the swimsuit, after what we'd just done he probably needed his shorts rinsed more than mine did. 

"Are you trying to f***ing kill me?" He whimpered out behind me. "Oh grow up North Star, if I was trying to kill you you'd be dead already." I stated pointedly as I stood and pulled the washed swimsuit bottoms back on. I could of sworn I heard him mutter 'so f***ing screwed' under his breath as I slid my jeans on, when I asked he denied it and changed the subject to hunting. "Since we are in a bit more of a hurry to get back now I'll take the lead on this hunt. I guess I'll just have to test your tracking abilities next time we go hunting together." I shrug as I call Arrow to my side and head for the orchards with North following along behind us.

 I heard the group of pigs before I saw them and was quick to pull North into some cover. The wind was blowing in our favor and I directed North to stay put while I circled around the squealing mass of pork with Arrow prowling at my side. I readied my arrow to fire as I drew two more from my quiver and held them in my teeth at the ready. When I saw the passel of hogs I was surprised to count at least twenty milling beneath the trees. I picked out a large boar and sent my first arrow into him, having a second into a large sow before they all spooked. I got my final arrow into another large sow, watching the rest of them run off before stepping out of my cover to inspect my kills. 

North came to stand beside me as Arrow gave the okay on all three, we got to work skinning and gutting them. I fed half the guts to Arrow and saved half for his dinner later, saving the brains for tanning the hides when I got back. "Alright, let's get these back to Uncle's kitchen, shall we?" I hummed as he chuckled and we headed back for the gate with the fresh meat. Once inside the gates we headed for the dining hall as we received praises for the fresh meat from some of the people nearby. I nodded to them wearily, as we hurried onward to the dining hall and headed inside. 

"So you in a hurry to change into some new shorts?" I hummed as I nodded over to Silas who was cleaning in the dining hall, helping North drag the pigs into the kitchen. "You just enjoy playing with fire don't you Sang Baby?" North growled back. "Saying that would imply that I'm going to get burned, but I believe it's you that has to worry about that one." I taunted back. "Who is getting burned for what Cupcake?" Luke asked as we dropped off the meat, sending a glance between the both of us. "Nothing Lucian." North grunted. "Whatever you say little bro, have fun on your date?" Luke grinned as North scowled back. 

"Plenty, and if North wants to tell you all about it he can. Now if you'll excuse me, I should probably go check on the barn animals and see how Jess is doing." I sighed out as I called goodbye to Luke and headed back out to the dining hall with North. Right now the place was empty since it wasn't yet time for lunch, hence the reason Silas had been preparing the tables when we walked in. I found myself scanning the room as I singled him out, but the sight my eyes landed on froze me in place at what I was seeing. There practically hanging off of a very uncomfortable looking Silas was a familiar looking brunette bimbo.