Chapter Eight: Why me?

"I'm surprised you were brave enough to come to school today," Madison sneered.
I rolled my eyes, "why is that Madisatan?"
She smirked, "because you were the reason Jake Kingston and Jayce Hamilton despise each other."
"Me?" I asked with a shocked expression, "why?"
"Don't play dumb Summers, Kingston and Hamilton got into a fight last period and got suspended because of you."
Why me?
"But why? Why would Jake Kingston and Jayce Hamilton get into a fight because of me?"
She gave me a 'duh' look, "because, the rumor going around is that Jayce maked out with you and Jake swears up and down you're his."
I couldn't believe it. Who the heck spread that?! I would never make out with Jayce! Does Jake actually believe it or did Jayce throw the first punch?
One thing was for sure, I had to talk to him.
A growl escaped my lips when I saw Jayce's friend Cameron whispering and laughing to some football players.
Stupid jerk.
"Cameron I swear I'll cut your dick off and shove it in your damn mouth!" I screeched at the dirty blonde who had the nerve to smirk.
"Sucks for you princess."
I rolled my eyes.
"Did you or did you not spread the rumor about how I maked out with Jayce?!"
He smirked, "who wants to know?"
"Me you dumbass! Are you being dumb or are you actually this stupid?"
He chuckled dryly, "is that what you said to Jayce before you maked out with him?"
I growled lowly, "fucking hell Cameron! I never maked out with him and you know it!"
He shrugged, "whatever you have to tell yourself Summers."
Don't punch him. Don't let him see you angry.
I kept thinking that over and over again, trying to force myself to not fight him.
I may not look like it but I will kill Cameron.
Then he said the thing that angered me most.... the reason I got suspended for the first time.
"We all know you're a slut."
Without any hesitation, I punched him in the jaw and potentially broke it.
He cursed under his breath.
I just grinned victoriously, "don't call me a slut Cameron."
"Wow she's hot," Riley Crow commented.
Some jerk that hung out with Cameron, not really important.
"God Riley how many girls have you said that to?" I inquired.
His friends burst out laughing, "roasted!"
I smirked and walked off to go see Jake.
***
"Who are you?!" Someone snapped when I knocked on Jake's door.
"Um I'm a friend of Jake Kingston's."
She glared at me, "Jake!" She screamed.
I touched my ear at her annoying high-pitched voice.
"What?!" He yelled back.
"Someone is here to see you!"
He walked down the stairs in some sweatpants and a gray tee shirt. Let me tell you, he looked hot like holy mother of God.
His hair was slightly disheveled and abs were clearly seen through his shirt.
"What are you doing here Brooklyn?" He asked with a hint of worry in his tone.
I arched an eyebrow, "I heard you got suspended and I wanted to know how you were doing."
"I'm fine," he replied flatly.
I hated seeing him upset and I hated even more that it was because of me.
"I swear I didn't make out with Jayce."
"Well I swear I didn't dislocate his arm."
"Dallas I'm serious," I whispered, "I never did."
He crossed his arms, "I don't want to hear it Brooklyn. I tried telling you that you were mine but you didn't listen."
"Dallas-"
"Brooklyn I already told you I didn't want to hear it! I'm already going through enough shit and I don't want to deal with more."
"Dallas please listen to me," I pleaded with tears in my eyes.
"Oh you again!" Jayce exclaimed.
Wait what?!
"Why is he here?!" I demanded.
".....he's my stepbrother Brooklyn."
I couldn't believe it.... How are they related?!
"He's your brother?!"
He solemnly nodded, "yea...."
Oh my Gosh.....
Jayce Matthew Hamilton?! Oh my Lord!
"Are you okay Brooklyn?" Jake asked, interrupting me from my thoughts.
"Um yea I'm fine."
So not fine.
Oh shut up.
He stepped closer to me and my heartbeat quickened, "don't lie to me Brynn. I know something is wrong with you and I won't let you leave until you tell me."
Oh God.
Oh if you're wondering, Brynn is his nickname for me. A combination of Brooke and Lynn.
"I swear nothing is wrong with me," I muttered as I backed up till I hit the wall.
"I said don't lie to me."
"I'm not lying!" I defended myself.
Pfft sure, defended yourself.
"Hell you are!"
I gulped as his Colonge seemed to drown me.
"Jake....." I said barely above a whisper.
He twirled a strand of my hair, "as much as I love when you say my name, I'd much rather hear the truth."
Why does he have this effect over me?!
Because you let him.
"I told you it was nothing."
He placed his hands on either side of me, trapping me in his grasp, "I don't believe that one damn bit."
Yea me either....
I hated how I was caving in and I hated how Jayce was finding this amusing.
You thought he loved you too....
"Jake... please..."
My breathing was getting more ragged and my eyelids were getting heavy.
"Brynn?!" The last word I heard before everything went black.
Next thing I knew, all I could see was black.
***
Sorry guys...
Any guesses on what might've happened?
Do you want to see a chapter from Jayce's point of view?
🤔🤔🤔