Chapter 38: I'll gladly say I do

"It'll be fine honey," my mom smiled at me.
Wiping my tears, I smiled, "thanks mom."
Standing in my mirror looking at myself in my wedding dress felt right.
"You look beautiful Brooklyn," Madison commented with a smile.
My hair was done in waves with a crown braid decorating it, and my makeup natural. The wedding dress I wore was silk.
Since Ansely was six months, she was going to be my flower girl brought up by Ashley.
Even though Josh was almost nine, he insisted that he wasn't too old to be the ring bearer.
Madison was my maid of honor, and Emerald was my bridesmaid; seeing Savannah betrayed my trust
Jake's best man was Jayce, since he's practically his brother.
Blake and Lucas were his groomsmen, since Lucas was my brother and Blake being his other best friend.
I've been waiting for this day for about four months now, now that's finally come, I know it'll be perfect.
As they put the finishing touches on my makeup, my mother placed a flowered veil on my head, "this was mine sweetheart, and I would love if you'll wear it too. I always thought it symbolised true love because that's what I felt when I married your father. That's what you and Jake have."
A bright smile formed on my lips seeing the sparkle in her eye when she talked about my dad, "thank you mom."
She smiled as well, "you're welcome Brooklyn."
♡️♡️♡️♡️♡️
Jake
Endless is your love played in the background as the love of my damn life walked up to me.
She was so fucking beautiful.
Dad always told me to find the other piece to complete your heart, and never let it go. It wasn't until now that I actually found meaning to those words. Without her, my life is empty, but with her, it's like the sun never stops shining even in the pouring rain.
Glued to mine were her eyes as she walked to me.
No one could wipe the giant cheesy smile off my face at this exact moment.
To me, marriage is more than two people saying I do carelessly, it's a vow to never give up on the other.
Marriage is a sacrament given to man by God himself, I intend to take it seriously.
The priest turned to us with a smile, "Brooklyn, repeat after me. I, Brooklyn, take you, Jake, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."
The priest's words poured out of Brooklyn's mouth with so much love and passion that I swear there were tears in his eyes.
I repeated the same words, changing the names and replacing husband with wife.
As we sat in the pew on the altar, I grabbed Brooklyn's hand knowing she was nervous.
"I got you baby," I whispered in her ear.
On Eagle's wings and Bread of Life were sang by the choir throughout the ceremony.
After the essential church service was performed, the priest turned back to the marriage at hand, "I now pronounce to you Mr and Mrs Kingston."
I honestly loved the sound of that name.
I deeply kissed her lips at his request as everyone clapped.
A smile took over both of our features as we walked out with both of our parties.
"Let's take a few pictures before the reception," my father requested us.
Nodding, we stood in the spot we were instructed to.
I stood next to Brooklyn with the boys on the right of me; next to Brooklyn were Madison and Emerald. Ansely was placed in her arms, and Josh stood in front of me.
We took a couple of pictures of all of us, then told just Brooklyn and I to take one.
Hoisting her up on my shoulders, I held her by the legs.
Seeing the camera flash, I gently put her down.
"To the reception we go bitches," Blake announced.
Walking in, we got some unnecessary cheering which I thought was uncalled for, but Brooklyn seemed to enjoy it.
Because of our love of Mexican food, we had it catered at our wedding. 
While I was trying to eat my food, one of Brooklyn’s aunts decided to say something that wasn’t appreciated by anyone at the table.
“So Brooklyn,” she smiled cockily, “I heard you had your cherry popped at the age of fifteen, a little young don’t you think?”
Gritting my teeth angrily, I growled in reply, “that’s none of your damn business.”
“Why? Was it you? Couldn’t keep it to yourself could you?”
Red clouded my vision as my eyes seemed to darken with every word that slipped out of her mouth.
“Shut. The. Hell. Up,” Axel growled, glaring at her. 
A frown formed on her face,” I’m just asking why they did it so young. Was it a game to you Mr. Kingston? Marrying her just so you can keep it?”
Does that bitch want a broken jaw?!
Clawing my hands in my palms was my attempt to keep my anger on the down low, but she was making it pretty fucking hard.
Her eyes traveled to Brooklyn, faking concern, “did you get checked for STDs sweetheart? You never know who they could’ve had before you.”
I slammed hand on the table, causing everyone in the reception to look at me, “Get the hell out! Don’t ever come near her again or I will personally fuck up your life. Do you understand me, you piece of shit?!”
Her eyes widened, yet no one made a move to defend her.
She turned to her brother Axel, “are you seriously going to let him talk to me like that?”
Narrowing his eyes, a growl escaped his lips, “I’m not gonna tell you again Abigail because I think Jake did it well enough, get the hell away from my family.”
With a shocked expression, she led herself out before the twenty-five cops did it for her.
After we finished our food, we were led to the dance floor.
Bringing Brooklyn to my chest, I danced with her the first time of being husband and wife. 
As “Say Something” by Sam Smith played on the speakers, I twirled her around the dance floor, ending our performance by dipping her.
It came the time for the speeches, and Jayce took the stage, reminding me of graduation just a few months ago.
Clearing his throat, he smiled brightly, “Even though Jake and I are not blood related, he’s more of a family than my own father. He’s always been there for me ever since he saw Jason hit me. Jake is not just a best friend to me, he’s my brother and Brooklyn is my sister. Whenever I had pretty much no self confidence, Brooklyn was there to boost it up. For that and many other reasons, I love her. I hope Jake and her are very happy together.”
Clapping and cheering were heard from the other side of the room. 
Aside from the drama brought by Axel’s sister, the wedding turned out pretty good.
“Jake.”
Facing her, I grinned, “What?”
Intertwining her fingers with mine, she sighed, “I know we didn’t plan this, but I’m pregnant.”
A smile took over my face as my eyes traveled to her stomach, “seriously?”
“Would I tell you I was if I wasn’t babe? I’m three weeks pregnant.” 
I was beyond happy at this moment, I was going to be a father again.
Twirling her around, I kissed her lips, “you’re the best wife ever, baby.”
*******
We always gotta have a perfect mixture of drama and happiness.
Anyone have that relative they would like to slap if they could?
So Brooklyn's pregnant again? Too soon or nah?
Anyway, bye guys! 😘