Chapter Nine: Stop Talking

Jake
I gripped the steering wheel hard as I was on the edge of breaking the speed limit.
"God I am gonna kill Jayce!"
"How do you know its his fault?" Blake asked.
"He didn't even care when she passed out so he obviously had something to do with it."
I guess he decided to just agree with me because he shut up.
"But what if its my fault?" I whispered, surprising everyone.
"Why would it be your fault Jake?" He pressed.
"I didn't believe her! I thought she was lying to me!"
Blake frowned, "don't beat yourself up Jake. Don't let Jason control you."
A growl escaped my lips, "just stop talking so I can get to the damn hospital!"
I didn't want to worry about Jason right now, all I wanted to think about was making sure Brooklyn was okay.
Its all my fault... Jayce came after her.
***
"Where is Brooklyn Summers?!" I yelled at the receptionist.
"Jake calm down-" Chase started but I cut him off.
"Tell me where she is!"
"Um.... she's in room 242."
"Thanks," I replied gritting my teeth.
"Jake calm the fuck down!" Chase snapped.
I abruptly turned around, "shut the hell up Chase before I put you in your damn place! You have a problem with me, grow up and fight me but until then shut your damn mouth!"
He chuckled dryly, "we all know you're not willing to fight me. Remember the last time you tried?"
A growl escaped my lips, "Chase I'm warning you, make one wrong move and I'll destroy you."
"Who are you fooling Kingston? I know I can fight better than you and you know it too. If it weren't for me, Brooklyn would be dead."
Fury burned within me as I thought about what he did to her.
I refuse to let him win and I refuse to let him do to her what he did to my sister.
I took a step closer to him, the one who made my life a living hell for fifteen years, "I won't let you win Anderson, you and I both know I let you win that day but I swear to you, you won't win this time."
"Wanna bet? Remember all those times no one believed you? You don't deserve her. Hell, you don't deserve shit."
"What do you even want with her?"
"The same thing I wanted with your sister but don't worry Jake, I'm sure she'll better off than she will anywhere near you."
I clenched my fists at my sides, "leave her the fuck alone Anderson!"
"Try me Kingston! I'll kill her if you don't cooperate, just give me what I want and no one gets hurt."
"Is there something going on out here?"
"Nothing to see here lady," Chase growled.
"Chase quit, you're gonna get us arrested. We came here for one person not the entire NYPD to come after us," Blake snapped.
"You're right, we did come here for one person. Didn't we Jake?"
Anger boiled inside of me when he gave me that smirk, the same one he gave me when my sister laid dead in front of him.
His exact words were "she bowed down at my feet"
I swore on her grave, I would kill him. Him and his little dog too.
Chase was always the leader of the operation and Jayce was his dog. I wasn't gonna to let Brooklyn go without a fight; I lost Avery but I'm not making that mistake again.
I knew Brooklyn was gonna get involved in some huge fucking mess but I also know that's its not over yet because Chase doesn't give up until he gets what he wants. He wants me dead.
"Now get out of my sight before you're dead," he barked at the nurse.
Stupid idiot.
A growl escaped my lips as I bruises all over her body.
"What the hell happened to her?"
A lady gave us a sympathetic look,"she was shot."
Those three words killed me. I was gonna kill that bastard with my bare hands.
I refused to let him see me weak, refused to let him have her, refused to let him get away with every little thing he's done that created the monster boiling inside me.
"Is she going to be okay?" I hated the way my voice cracked when I asked that question.
Before the nurse could respond, her father glared at me, "why do you care? Its all your fault she got shot! You're a spitting image of your mother. Never caring about anybody but yourself!"
"That's not true!" Blake snapped.
"Oh it isn't? He was always a little bitch just like his mother. Always caused trouble wherever he went. You'll never realize just how much hurt you caused my daughter because you don't care."
I wasn't gonna let his words get to me. I was done letting people get in my head and believe whatever the fuck their stupid minds think up.
I stepped closer to him, "trust me Axel, I'm nothing like my mother. My mother wouldn't give a damn about your daughter but I do. You don't fucking care that she got shot, you're just a sick little bastard that had everything handed to him that you don't care about your own daughter."
"Put your money where your mouth is before you get into trouble," he gritted his teeth.
I chuckled humorlessly, "isn't that what you do? Use money to get yourself out of trouble? That's why you payed the captain of the football team to rape her, isn't it?"
He winced, "I never did that."
I laughed dryly, "you're the leader of youngblood, the second most feared gang in New York. Don't tell me you didn't do shit because I have proof."
"Where? What proof do you fucking have?"
I chuckled darkly, "watch and learn Axel Warren Summers."
I pushed a button a tape recorder and played back the day Axel did what he should regret but doesn't.
"Just tell me how much you want, money isn't a problem."
"I want what you're willing to give me. Everyone has been wanting her virginity since freshman year, I'll do anything to get it."
"Okay okay, I'll give you twenty-five grand."
I clenched my fists as I heard Axel give his daughter's virginity to some stranger.
"Why did you do it Axel? Why did you give away your daughter to some dochue? You're a conceited bitch and you know it. I'd watch your mouth before all those charges you got dropped come back to haunt you."
"Watch your mouth Jake!"
"Watch mine?! You're the reason your daughter feels like she's shit. You're the reason she depises the male population. You're the reason she lost her first time. Its all your fault, its really sick that you think I'm the bad guy here."
"You've always been the bad guy."
****
How the freak do they know each other? Any ideas? Was anybody dying waiting for an update!? Next chapter will probably be out today or tomorrow.
Did you expect this? Sorry everyone who liked Chase, it just kinda happened.
Should I do Chase or Jayce's point of view next?💕