Chapter 36: Don't tell me to fucking calm down!!

Mia sat on the floor playing with the kids while I sat on the couch with Jake.
"Are you mad at me baby?" Jake pressed.
"Why would I be mad at you?" I asked softly.
He ran his hands through his dark hair, "because you probably think I lied. We promised each other no secrets, and you probably think I lied to you."
I sighed, "I don't know what to think Jake. I love you, but it hurt when I thought you lied."
"He was different back when we were in ninth grade baby, he treated girls like trash. Throwing them away like expired meat. I hated it..... I didn't know he's trying to change."
Moving to his lap, I laid my head on his chest, "I know. You were just trying to warn me just in case he was the same. I'm not mad at you for trying protect you, I admire you for that. I'm annoyed that you didn't let me get to know him first, he's different Jake."
"But what if he wasn't? What if you trusted him and he tried to sleep with you? Tried to rape you?! I couldn't live with myself if he did. I couldn't live with myself knowing another guy touched you like the way I do. Especially him."
I understood where he was coming from, I honestly wasn't mad. He was just trying to protect me. That's what you call real love, putting someone's life before your own.
"Jake."
"Hmm?" He murmured as he played with my hair.
"I'm not mad at you. I understand why you tried to warn me," I smiled.
He grinned in return, "good because I don't like when you're mad at me."
After quite some time of silence, Jake said something that surprised, "You know I'd never touch you if you didn't want me to, right baby?"
I raised my head up, "of course Jake. Where is this coming from? I know you would never rape me."
What has gotten into him?! I know Jake would never touch me without my consent. He'd never lay a hand on me.
"I can't get over the fact that Ryder did that to you. I know it's been three years, but it's killing me. I love you baby, and I hate that he touched you like that. He stole that time away from you, he used a damn gun."
I didn't know this was bothering him so much, why didn't he tell me?
"Jake..... why would you even ask if I knew you wouldn't rape me?"
His eyes that held so many emotions looked dull. It reminded me of a bottomless pit.
He looked up at me with sad brown eyes, "I don't want to hurt you, even on accident. If you ever said stop and I didn't, I would rape you..... I couldn't live with the possibility of that on my conscience."
Caressing his cheek, I gave him a sad smile, "I know you would never rape me Jake. If I did tell you to stop, I know you would immediately."
Tears streamed down his face as he cried.
Wrapping my arms around him, I hugged him, "Always remember I love you Jake."
"I love you too Jake."
Deciding we should go join the pool party outside, we walked out holding hands.
The clear blue water shimmered in the afternoon sun.
People were drinking wine and champagne by the side of the pool, just chilling and enjoying the summer weather.
"Who are you?" Some Latina girl asked with gritted teeth.
"Uh Brooklyn?"
She scoffed, "so you're Jake's toy?"
I shook my head at her, pursing my lips, "Jake's fiancee."
Her jaw dropped, "he has a fiancee?!"
I nodded, showing her my diamond ring, "yep."
"Here you go baby," he smiled as he handed me a glass of champagne.
I kissed his lips softly, and he gladly kissed me back. His tongue found mine moments later.
Am I doing this just to trigger her putaness? Hell fucking yes. Would I do it anyway? You know it.
Fire flared in her eyes as she stared at us.
It wasn't until Jake got to my neck that he noticed her standing there, "do you need something?" He growled lowly, clearly annoyed.
"You don't remember me?" She asked, astonished.
He shook his head in confusion, "No. Who are you?"
"I'm Alicia."
He shrugged, "so? I'm glad you have a damn name you can remember, now leave."
"Jake, it's me," She pressed.
He rolled his eyes in annoyance, "this isn't some Adele song Alicia, that doesn't tell me anything."
Her eyes widened, "you really don't remember me."
"Didn't I tell you that five fucking times. I don't know who the hell you are."
I bit my lip to stop from bursting into laughter. This girl was pretty pathetic.
Turning to me with a death glare, she slapped me hard across the face.
I gasped, as did everyone else near the pool.
Jake's eyes darkened, an unknown emotion flashing through them, "did you just touch her?"
Chris was up in a second, running over to us, "Jake, calm down."
"Don't tell me to fucking calm down when she's the one who slapped her. She slapped her when she did absolutely nothing. Control your freaking sister!"
My eyes widened, "sister?!"
They look so much different, and she's a bitch!
He groaned, "she's my half sister. Her dad married my mom when my parents got divorced."
Alicia smirked, "I always knew you were a bitch the minute you walked in holding hands with Jake like you owned the place or something. But guess what? You don't. You're just a whore who's clearly willing to spread her legs for anyone, maybe that's why Jake is engaged with you. He knows he'll get it with no trouble. He'll ditch you faster than last season's Pradas, and you'll be a single mom having to tell you daughter what a clueless bitch you were when you fell blindnessly for her father."
I clenched my fists as anger boiled inside me. How dare she talk about Brynn like that. Son of a bitch.
A minute later, Jake's hand contacted with her face, "don't you dare talk about her or my daughter AGAIN like that, you fucking bitch!"
Not one person questioned it or made a move to stop him because they know they wouldn't stand a fucking chance.