Chapter 26: Why you got to be such a dick?

"Jayce, what's wrong?" I asked him. I was sitting at Starbucks with Jayce, Blake, Jake, Savannah and for some reason, Madison. I mean I'm cool with her, but why is she hanging out with us?
"Emma is pregnant."
"Aww, is it a boy or a girl? I can't wait to meet it."
He sighed, "Brooklyn..... it's not mine."
We all gasped, "then who the hell is the dad?!" Blake snapped.
"Chase," he replied as a tear fell from his eyes.
"What. The. Fuck." Jake demanded in a tone no one wants to see him in. He may hate Jason, but Jayce means everything to him. Seeing him in pain infuriated something in him.
"I just found out yesterday..... I'm in love with her," he said almost in a whisper.
My eyes widened, "Jesus Christ."
Banging his hand on the table, Jake looked pissed, "that son of a bitch!"
"Jake, shhh. I don't think Chase meant to hurt Jayce. I get that you're mad; I am too, but it already happened so there's really nothing you can do."
"I got a couple of walls in my house I can slam him into."
Why would Chase get Emma pregnant when he knew that Jayce and her were together? Were they drunk?
"Were you two together at the time?"
Jayce shook his head, "No, it was before we started dating."
For the first time since she got here, Madison spoke up, "how far along is she?"
"Two months," He replied simply.
She nodded.
"I'm gonna go get a coffee guys," I smiled. They nodded and continued on with their conversation.
Getting up, I walked to the front to place my order of a mocha.
I could feel some tension in the room, and I knew it wasn't from our table. Turning around, I saw someone who made me want to punch a wall: Ryder.
"Haven't seen you in a while Summers," he chuckled.
"Go away Ryder, I already told that I love Jake."
"There are two ways we can do this Brooklyn, my way or the highway."
"Go to hell Ryder!" I growled.
He smirked evilly, "wrong answer baby."
The term baby left a disgusting taste in my mouth. Only Jake can call me that.
"Don't call me that Ryder," I glared daggers at him.
"Or what? Your puppy dog boyfriend is gonna save you. Face it Brooklyn, you can't stick up for yourself. You'd be nothing without Jake."
Anger coursed through my veins, "fuck off Ryder!"
By now, Jake had walked over with Jayce and Blake. Madison and Savannah were trailing behind for some unknown reason.
"Are you bothering her you bastard?" Blake growled.
"Not at all," Ryder grinned.
Jake looked at me, and I nodded which gave him the answer he needed.
"Let her go Ryder before I break all two hundred and six bones in your body, not sparing one."
"I always knew she couldn't protect herself. She was pretty weak when I banged her, you know never really did anything, but God does she know how to ride. It's amazing what you can get her to do with a gun."
Fire spread through Jake's eyes as my own filled with tears. I tried not to remember that day, but Ryder always made me.
"Fucking bitch!" Jake shouted at him.
A michevous smirk played on Ryder's lips, "can you blame me though Jake? She was much better than all the other girls I screwed, really knew how to work that tongue of hers. Took a lot of convincing, but I got her to work with me."
I regretted every minute of it, I look back and think how much I'd rather have him pull the trigger. The way he touched me made me want to puke. I hated every minute of it.
Tears were streaming down my face as I sobbed, "baby-" I started, but Jake stopped me. He wrapped his arms around me, letting me cry in his shirt.
"God, you really are so damn weak," Ryder chuckled dangerously.
A loud noise was heard throughout the room as Madison laid her hand on Ryder, "don't you ever touch a girl you bitch!"
"Fuck!" Ryder shouted at her. She smirked in satisfaction.
"Raping someone is not something you should go around laughing about. You took her innocence without her consent. That's not okay, I don't give a damn how much Jason payed you," She looked at him in digust.
Outnumbered, Ryder made the better descion and left. He knew he didn't have a chance of leaving with the ability to walk.
"I want to kill that son of a bitch," Blake growled.
"Believe me, we all do," Madison agreed.
"Why didn't you tell me?" Jake pressed with concern.
"I told you he raped me...."
"Yeah but not the fact he used a gun."
Wiping my tears, I looked up at him, "I didn't want you to think less of me. I thought he loved me, yet he just did it for the money. What hurts even more is the fact that I actually rode him and gave me what he wanted, yeah he had a gun but that means nothing. Sometimes I wish I just let him pull the trigger."
"Baby, don't you EVER say that. You were raped, you had no choice. If he pulled that trigger, you wouldn't be today pregnant with my baby. I love you so much Brooklyn, and I couldn't imagine my life without you."
Wrapping my arms around him, I buried my head in his neck and inhaled his scent that never failed to calm me.
"I love you too Jake...."
******
Wow.... was anyone expecting Madison to defend her? Who hates Ryder?🙋 Anyone else you hate except Jason, Katie or Ryder?