Chapter 41: You can never make the same mistake twice

Jake
Our honeymoon flew by faster than we liked. It was the night before college, and we were having a long conversation with her parents about what the hell her dad was talking about.
As I sat on the couch next to her, I thought about what would happen when tomorrow hits.
We will be freshman in college and won't see each other as much.
Brooklynn wanted to be a interior designer, and work with decor. I know for sure that I want to be a business man like my father’s brother, Dylan.
With me majoring in business and her in design, when would I see her?
The next words that slipped out of Axel’s mouth snapped me back to reality.
“We had no choice to remove you from the custody of my sister,” he began, making my blood boil.
No choice? If he did something to her, then all hell would break loose. I would kill that son of a bitch.
Obsidian was the color of my eyes as I growled, “What do you mean, no choice? What did that son of a bitch do?!” 
Anger fueled me deep within my eyes. My control was quickly fading, seeing Bridget bite her lip made my self control leave my body completely in waves.
Fire was evident in my eyes, emotions of anger circling through me.
“When she was five, she burst into tears and Abigail laid a hand on her. Her father heard about it and he was furious, he slit her wrists with a knife, Jake. Lucas told us about it, and we removed her from their custody immediately.”
All I could see was red throughout Bridget’s explanation. My vision was fading as I slammed my fist into the wall time after time.
My knuckles turned whiter with every punch I threw, trying to let my anger out.
Feeling her arms circle my waist, I let myself fall to my knees, “You were five, baby. That motherfucking bitch slit your wrists at the age of five! I'm gonna kill that fucker.”
Bridget looked terrified at my anger state.
I don't blame though, sometimes I'm scared of myself.
Deciding it would be better for everyone if I cooled off, I stepped into the cool New York air.
Sliding down their brick house, I let the tears escape.
Her arms circled my waist, making me smile.
She turned me around to face her, “Jake, I’m okay now. What happened is in the past, Lucas saved me by telling dad.”
Even though he was her cousin, I couldn’t help the jealousy that filled me. I know she’s in love with me, but it still hurts listening to her talk about other guys. 
With a sigh, I replied, “it’d be different if he doesn’t bother you, but he did. I think he’s planning something, maybe he’s involved with whatever Jason is doing somehow.
He's dangerous baby, and I don't want to take the risk of you getting hurt."
I was complementing how many ways I could strange him, Jason too.
No matter what I do, that son of a bitch keeps fucking with me.
Its so damn tiring.
Her warm hands held my face, wiping my tears, "I know you do, but I can handle it. I'm not scared of him, Jake."
I rolled my eyes, "No you can't, baby. He slit your wrists even when he was your father, he could probably do worse."
Hugging me, she whispered, "maybe, but you're not gonna let that happen. I trust you to protect Brynn and I, Jake. You should trust yourself."
But I don't. I'm so fucking scared of myself, it's terrifying.
"We should get ready for college tomorrow," she told me, "I'll take care of Brynn Monday and Wednesday, you can have Tuesday and Thursday. We'll both be off on Friday."
I hated being separated from her, but that's what you do when you have a kid and have to go to college. You work around it.
"I'll miss you, baby."
A smiled took over her features, "I'll miss you too."
Maybe college won't be that bad, at least I had Jayce and Emerald.
*******
Brooklyn
Laying next to Jake made me think about how much I'll miss him. Him and Brynn were my everything, and I don't know if I could survive college without him.
Even though I'll make new friends, I still miss the love of my damn life.
Tomorrow is gonna suck.....
I stared at his dark brown eyes that were closed, moving strands of loose hair away from his face.
I loved him more than life itself, and it feels so dang good that he feels the same way.
"I love you Jake," I whispered, kissing his lips.
While asleep, he replied, "I love you too, baby. More than the whole damn world."
Smiling to myself, I drifted off to sleep, content in his arms.
*******
I have no words for this..... bye!!!