Chapter 22: Dammit

I paced back and forth deep in my thoughts for about ten minutes, this pregnancy was mentally draining.
My phone started to ring and I took a deep breath, "Dad."
"Sweetheart, I wanted to talk."
"About what?" I asked confused. I haven't seen him in a week and now he wants to talk.
He sighed, "Brooklyn, New York.... I'm really sorry and I want you to know that I love you."
"What? Dad what are you talking about?" I started panicking, I know me and my dad have never had the greatest relationship but he was still my father. I heard a siren in the background, "Dad!" I screamed as a couple of gunshots rang out in the air. Falling to my knees, I started crying hysterically.
"Baby what's wrong?" Jake asked, "it's not good for the baby to be stressed."
"My dad was s-s-shot!" I screamed between tears. Jake's arms circled my shoulders as he brought me closer to him. I could feel my baby kick; signaling he felt empathy for me.
"Let's get you to the hospital baby," Jake whispered as he helped me up. I nodded in agreement. I just hoped he was okay.
********
"Mom, is he okay?" I asked her when I walked in the hospital.
She pursed her lips, "I don't know honey, they said he was in a really bad car accident and got hurt really badly."
My heart ached for my mom; nobody knows how hard it is to not know if someone you love is gonna make it.
"It'll be okay mom," I told her. She nodded solemnly as she sobbed in her hands. No matter how mad I was at my dad for not telling me he was a gang leader, I was terrified about what was gonna happen to him.
Hang in there dad.
"Are you alright Brooklyn?" Jayce asked, hugging me with one arm.
I nodded. My eyes widened when I noticed his arm was around a girl, "Who's that?" She had short curly brown hair with black glasses. She seemed nice.
A smile spread across his face, "this is Emma, Brooklyn."
She gave me a grin, "nice to meet you. I've heard so much about you from Jayce and everything."
"My pleasure," I laughed.
"It seems that your father is awake now miss," the doctor informed me after some time talking to Emma and Jayce.
"Can I see him?"
He grinned, "of course you can." I gave him a nod and walked into the room where they had my dad. He was laying on the hospital bed breathing slowly.
"Dad," I whispered.
"Brooklyn," he smiled.
It hurt seeing him like this, not like the person who would take a bullet to protect me, Lucas, and mom.
"I did it to protect you, I hope you know it was never my intention to get involved with a gang in the first place. I made one mistake and couldn't get away from the lifestyle, I was stuck. If they knew about you, they would've killed you. I couldn't live with myself if you died because of me." His voice was strained but I understood every word.
"I love you dad."
"I love you too Brooklyn."
"What about Ryder? Why did you pay him t-to rape me?"
"I didn't. Jason did, but Jake thought it was me because he found the recording in my house. I would never do something like that."
Relief washed over me. It wasn't my dad, it was Jason. Well anything reason to hate him.
"Dad, you're gonna be a great grandfather."
"What? Baby girl, you're pregnant?"
I nodded, "yep. Its a girl, Brynn Summer Kingston."
Tears filled my father's eyes as he looked at me, "I'm gonna be a grandfather. I couldn't honestly be anymore happy right now."
"I'm glad you're happy dad."
"No, I'm glad you're happy. Who gives a damn if I'm happy? It only matters if you are."
"Trust me, I am."
He smiled, "good. The next one I want to be named Axel," he joked.
"We'll see dad."
He laughed, "I knew it wouldn't happen but it's alright."
I'm glad my family is in a good place right now. It makes me so happy that my family accepts me having a baby at the age of eighteen. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us.
********
Second update today! How many of you love me right now? Anyway another reason to hate Jason, am I right? Who's ready for little Ansely to be born? What about Brynn? Okay okay I'll stop now