Chapter 15: Fuck...

I woke up laying Jake's chest with a little human in my arms.
I looked around and I was in trapped in Jake's arms, "Jake!" I whined but he wouldn't budge
"He's sleeping," Josh replied in a sleepy voice.
"Oh I'm sorry that I woke you up Josh," I whispered so I wouldn't disturb Jake.
"Its okay..."
I don't know why I felt so close to Josh when he wasn't family to me, maybe it was because he made Jake happy. I've never seen him smile when his family was around but Josh somehow did it.
"Are you and Jakey gonna get married?" Josh asked me with hopeful eyes.
I giggled, "maybe one day."
"Can I be the ring bearer?"
"Maybe if Jake wants you to."
"Promise?"
"I promise."
"Will you make me pancakes?"
"Of course I will."
I poured the batter in the pan while Josh ran upstairs to get dressed.
I was busy flipping the pancakes when I felt two arms circle my waist; instinctively I leaned back,"I heard that."
"Heard what?"
"That we're gonna get married and have tons of kids," he smirked.
"I did not say anything about tons of kids," I tried to defend myself.
He leaned in to whisper in my ear, "yea but you thought it."
"Fuck...." I cursed under my breath.
"What does that mean?" Josh asked, tilting his head to the right.
Oh Good God.....
"It means if you say it then dad will be extremely mad at you," Jake told him sternly.
"Sorry!"
We both laughed.
"Okay please explain to me why the hell whatever her damn name is, is here again."
"The question you should be asking yourself is why don't I have her awesome pancakes on my plate,"I grinned widely.
He blinked at me,"stop trying to change my mind."
"She's staying until she-" I cut him off.
"I'll leave today."
"What?!" Jake demanded, ignoring the fact that there was a six year old in the room.
"I'm leaving today Jake."
He opened his mouth to argue but Jason beat him to it, "good."
After he left, Jake turned to me with a slight glare, "Brynn."
"Jake."
"Your dad is a monster Brynn!"
"So is Jason. He hates me! I don't want to stay here Jake....."
His eyes showed so much hurt it broke me, "fine. Don't stay but just know that if Jason hurts you I can do something but if Axel does, I won't be right there to protect you."
My heart broke, "Jake...."
"You wanted to go so go!" He shouted as tears streamed down his face, "I can't just stand there and watch you get hurt!"
"Are you gonna be back?" Josh frowned.
"Of course I will to visit my favorite little boy," I tickled him, "and of course my future ring bearer." I whispered the last part under my breath but by the smirk on Jake's face I'm pretty sure he heard it.
I hugged Jake and walked out the door to endure the hell that's at my house.
*******
I was finishing up my homework that I didn't get to do at Jake's house when I heard a knock at the door.
I groaned; getting up to answer it.
"Hey Brookey, can I talk to you."
I narrowed my eyes, "what the hell do you want?! You ignore me for a week and now you want to talk to me!"
He ran a hand through his hair, "I can explain."
"I'd like to see you try!" I yelled.
His bright green eyes looked hurt but what good reason does he have for his fuck up?
"Jason told me I had to ignore you or he would kill me. I didn't know what else to do so I obliged, I'm sorry Brookie."
"I don't know if I forgive you Chase."
He sighed, "I deserve that."
"You do. You could've told me and I would've helped you."
"I know."
********
"Jump! jump! jump!" Everyone started chanting at far from sober me to jump in the pool.
So.... there's no easy way to say this, I decided to throw a party because my dad left. Okay so that's not the reason its because I was in the mood to get drunk but can you blame me? Lucas was at some girl's house and frankly I didn't care.
I jumped of the edge of the roof and landed in the pool, in someone's arms. Immediately assuming it was Jake, I wrapped my arms around his neck.
"Want to play?" He whispered.
I giggled drunkenly, "I don't know, do you?"
"Only if its with you baby."
I'll have you know that I'm beyond drunk at this moment and cannot think straight so please don't hate me.
I reached up on my tiptoes and started kissing his lips, he immediately kissed me back.
He tasted like achocol but the achocol in my veins didn't care.
I deepened the kiss, biting his lips softly which caused a moan to escape his lips.
Eventually we pulled up for air and leaned in to whisper in my ear, "if you want more privacy then we can take this upstairs."
Before I could respond, a voice interrupted me, "how could you?!"
Even drunk me knew that voice....
I pulled myself out of the pool, staring up into his dark brown eyes, "Jakey?"
"Don't even start Brookyln! Are you trying to get me back for kissing Madison because that's really low. Does he kiss better than me? God did you sleep with him?!" His eyes darkened.
"No I didn't, I was going to..... but I swear I thought it was you-"
"Enough. I don't want to hear it. I freaking love you but all you want to do is play around apparently, I wanted to give everything to you but you don't care!"
Tears filled my eyes, "I love you Jakey."
"You're not Josh! Stop calling me Jakey!"
It felt like a knife stabbed through my heart, I knew he loved me but drunk me just wanted to have fun and I thought it was Jake.