Chapter 27: Back the fuck up

"We didn't a damn thing, why are we in here?!" Blake demanded.
Officer Reynolds sighed, "because you can give us information about Ryder Mitchell."
He wants me to retell all what he did to me?
"Hell no," Jake replied in a dangerous tone.
"Look Mr. Kingston-"
"I'm not fucking forty, don't call me Mr. Kingston."
He rolled his eyes, "do you have any useful information about him." He turned to me, "it could really help."
Blake cut in, his tone low and dangerous, "do you have a fucking daughter? No self-respecting girl wants to discuss how a guy forced his thing inside her. Would you have her explain it to a damn stranger?"
"Sir, I'm not a stranger, I'm a cop. I am only going to use this information to charge Ryder with all the necessary charges."
"Seriously?" I scoffed causing them to all look at me, "you're gonna charge Ryder, but won't get off your ass and arrest Jason Hamilton? He's running the streets doing God knows what, yet you don't lift a finger to do anything. Ryder raped me at gunpoint, took away my innocence, but he didn't toture me for years or bring innocent people into his mess. What is law enforcement doing these days?"
I knew Officer Reynolds was writing all that don't as my statement, but I could care less. He needed to hear it.
"You serve a good point Summers, is there anyway you'd tell the chief that or even better, testify against both Jason and Ryder."
"Back the fuck up," growled Jake, "you expect her to be up in front of hundreds of people and testify against a man that hurt her over and over again? You have evidence, now arrest the son of a bitch. If you want evidence against Jason, we all have plenty especially Jayce, so leave Brooklyn the hell out of it!"
"Sir, Jason and Ryder have the right to a fair trial-"
"Why?!" Demanded Blake, "why do they deserve the same anount of respect as people that did nothing, especially rape a damn girl. What kind of messed up society do we have where the people who are clearly proven guilty get a fair trial?! We're not framing him if that's what you want to know, Brooklyn encountered hell with Ryder and everyone of us went through hell with Jason. We're not lying."
Everyone in here was furious, tension was clearly in the room as Blake and Jake chastised the officer in front of us.
I sighed, "I tell you everything about that night, but I'm not uttering a word in front of the stand."
Jake looked at me, "baby no-"
"I have to. If I don't, then Ryder will do it to someone else."
He nodded; grabbing my hand, "I'm not leaving you Brooklyn."
Tears filled my eyes as I recalled the events of that day, freshman year. The worst night of my life.
"When Ryder asked me out, it was the best day of my life. He gave me roses, chocolates, and teddy bears; I felt like I was on cloud nine," Jake clenched his jaw in jealousy, "He invited me to a dinner as his date to his parents' house. That's where.... w-w-where," I paused.
"Where he raped you?" Officer Reynolds whispered in a soft tone.
I nodded, burying my head in Jake's shoulder, "it's okay baby..."
"I thought he l-loved me," I choked out, "but he didn't. I screamed no, so he brought out a gun and told me if I didn't make it worth his while then he would kill me. He videoed the whole thing, showing it off to all his whole friends. They made fun of me, calling me a slut and a whore. I cried so much, it angered my father so much to the point he was ready to put a bullet in Ryder's head. At one point...... I slit my wrists......"
"What the actual hell?!" Jake thundered, "that son of a fucking bitch! I will put a bullet so far into his skull that it will come out his ass."
"Jake..."
"You're not gonna defend him, I won't have it!"
"I'm not. I just don't want you to do anything that will take you away from me or our baby."
Jake smirked, "don't worry, I won't be leaving," he turned to the officer, "make sure you get him officer."
God I love him.....
Officer Reynolds nodded, "of course sir. We'll take care of it."
As we walked out of the station, Jake wrapped his arm around my waist; pulling me to him, "I want you to know that the only reason I'm not knocking on his door with a nine millimeter is the possibility that I may not be able to be there for you and Brynn."
I smiled, "I love you Jake."
"I love you too baby."
I placed my hand on my stomach, which was gonna pop any day now according to the doctor, feeling the kicks of my daughter. I know for sure that if Jake didn't have a life to get back to, he'd make sure to kill Ryder.
Savannah tapped on me, "can I talk to you for a minute B?"
I nodded reluctantly, "sure Sav. What is it?"
"I-I-I..."
"Sav, what's bothering you? You can tell me anything."
She sighed, "Ryder and me have a kid together, a three year old son."
What the hell?!
"I'm sorry B, we had him when you and him were together."
All the air was whipped out of my lungs when she said those words, sure Ryder was a bitch, but she's best friend. My best friend didn't tell me that she had sex with my ex boyfriend.
"Are you alright B?" She asked.
"No!" I snapped, catching her by surprise, "my ex boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend, and they had a son together. Did you know he was with me?!"
She nodded sadly; her lip between her teeth.
"How could you Sav?! I trusted you and you betrayed me. You're just as bad as he is! I thought he loved me, but he was cheating on me with you! You slut!"
"B-"
"I don't want to hear it, bitch!" I was screaming through the tears falling from my blue eyes.
Strong arms wrapped around me, "get the hell away from her Savannah!" Jake barked.
"Guys I'm sorry.... I didn't mean it-"
Blake cut her off; anger flaring in his eyes, "you don't mess with Brooklyn and get away with it. She's like our sister, and when you're in a gang, you don't turn your back on family. Don't you EVER talk to us again!"
You really don't want to get on Blake's bad side, and Savannah has done it. If she ever talks to me again, Jake, Blake, and Jayce will beat the hell out of her. I honestly couldn't believe she had Ryder's kid, they fucking deserve each other.
*****
Ooh how I love flipping characters around. My excuse for her: she annoyed me. Anyway, chapter 28 will be up sometime between today and tomorrow. 😊