Chapter 20: Help

I struggled to get out of the handcuffs gripping my wrists but it was no use, I couldn't get free. Tears filled my eyes as I thought about my baby. I just firgued out it was a girl and I didn't know if it was gonna survive.
"Don't cry Brookyln."
I stared up at Blake who looked lifeless with those dead blue eyes, "why? I'm not gonna get out of here. You haven't yet."
"You will. Jake won't rest until he gets you back, trust me."
"I can't trust you. You broke Sav's heart Blake."
He sighed, "that bastard took my phone. I never wanted to break up with her, I love her."
"You do?"
"Yes. I was gonna propose to her after we graduated."
My eyes widened, "oh my gosh."
"She won't say yes now, there's no point."
I pursed my lips, "but there is Blake. Sav loves you too that's why she broke down when she thought you ended things. She's in love with you. She wanted to have kids and a future with you."
He placed his hand in his hands, "really?"
"Yes."
You may not believe me but I swear, I saw tears fall from Blake Davis's eyes that day.
"I need to make things right Brooklyn."
I nodded, "I agree, you should tell her the truth. She deserves to know how much you love her."
"I don't want to hear about your sappy love story so shut the hell up!" Jason seethed.
I rolled my eyes, "we're having a conversation. I'm sorry that you don't know what a friend is but let me explain it to you, someone that actually likes you."
Blake bit his lip to keep from laughing while Jason gave me the death glare, "shut your mouth young lady. Talking is a privilege and can be taken away."
"How exactly?" Okay so challenging the person who has access to my ability to use my hands may not be the best idea but I'm mad as hell right now and refuse to listen to reason.
His brown eyes flashed a shade of black as he narrowed his eyes at me, "try me."
Fuck...... leave the issue alone Brooklyn!
I stared him dead in the eye, "do your worst."
"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Blake screamed, "he has a gun Brooklyn! A fucking gun! Have anyone ever told you not to challenge someone that has the ability to kill you?!"
I sat there speechless, how is it that Blake Davis is smarter than me? He has fucking logic.

Blake
What the fuck is wrong with her?! She's gonna get us killed! I've been here for four weeks because I know how to keep my mouth shut but this bitch coming over here running her mouth about some shit. Yes I want to get the fuck out of here but I'd prefer to be alive! Like I'm sorry that you don't have a life but I fucking do. I love ya Jake but your girlfriend is a bitch that needs daddy to pay for her fuck ups for her.
It was probably bitchy of me to hate her but do you blame me? Her wrists are tied with ropes and she challenges the guy! Who in their right fucking mind does that?!

"You're gonna regret that bitch," Jason seethed as he pushed Brooklyn against the wall with her hands inaccessible behind her. God where the hell is Jake?!
Her breathing hitched as tears streamed down her face, "what do you want from me? I never did anything to you."
"But you did sweetheart."
I cringed when he said that words, who the hell flirts with a eighteen year old?! Apparently Jake's step dad..... Isn't he married? Yes, yes he is.
"You're not my type..... I like people around my age, Jake basically."
"Yea but Jake can't give you everything." I think I just threw up in my mouth watching him get closer to her.

Jake
"Alright we're here Jake, what now?" Chase asked me. Yes I had back up who do you think I am?! Anyway back to the story.
"Uh, he storm in there and try not to purposely kill someone."
They nodded. I brought seven other people with me for back up so I dare Jason to come at me.
I started walking through the dark hallways of the abandoned warehouse that Jayce tracked Brynn's phone to, yes her phone has a tracking device. Don't judge me.
"This place is hella creepy," Jayce commented and I chuckled, "you're just too scared."
He glared at me. We kept walking down the hall trying to find Blake and Brooklyn when I heard a scream, her scream. Someone is going to die today.
I kicked the door down, not caring if the others were behind me or not. You touch her or my kid, you better have some pretty damn good insurance.
"Jason!" I yelled when I burst through the door, "get your hand off her cheek or I swear on my dead sister, I'll kill you!"
His hand dropped to his side and a smirk spread across his face, "you came without backup Kingston, this should be fun."
Ha. He thinks. It really fascinates me that he thinks I would go into anything without backup.
"Touch her one more time and I'll make sure you can't see for the rest of your life you bastard."
"You wouldn't dare Jake, I'm your family."
"The hell you are. My only family is Josh, my dad, Ashley, their future kid and my future kid."
"You're a fucking dad?!" Jason yelled at me and his dark eyes immediately traveled to Brookyln.
No you don't! Lay one finger on her, I dare you!
Her eyes widened and her lip was quivering. What the hell did he do to make her nervous? I swear if he did something!
"What did you do to her you motherfucking bitch?!" I snapped.
My eyes traveled to the fresh bruises on her face and the red mark on her neck, son of a bitch!
I took threatening steps closer to man I refuse to call my step father until I was an inch away from his face.
"I suggest you better run because I will snap your neck with one hand!"
"I dare you."
Just then the door swung open and the look Blake gave me said 'I hope you kill that bitch'