Prelude / Chapter 1

A/N: Please read "The Bewitching Lover of Emperor Xian" before this book to avoid confusion. Thank you(* ̄︶ ̄*)

"An invitation to a tea banquet? That Tian Country's Crown Prince Lei Ye Tian wasn't here to propose marriage?"

"Yes, he wasn't, Princess Ci."

The palace maid bowed and retreated, right after passing an invitation letter onto Zheng Ci's hands. Zheng En Ya moved closer to peek into the contents of the invitation letter.

"What did it say?"

"Uhmm... It says that they're inviting princes and princesses from the neighbouring countries to the tea banquet in Tian Country. For social and knowledge exchange. Do you want to go, En Ya?"

Zheng En Ya harrumphed, and sat back down next to Zheng Ci.

"Not interested. Why don't you go instead?"

"Fu huang won't let me go, don't you know?"

"You haven't even asked, who knows, perhaps fu huang would allow it. Mu hou and Yi gege were the ones that won't allow you to go anywhere, but they're not in the imperial palace right now."

Zheng Ci nodded. Both stood up and headed out, towards the imperial study. Zheng Ci was reluctant to enter, afraid that their imperial father wouldn't allow him to go. But Zheng En Ya grabbed him by the wrist, and urged him forward to enter.

Taking a look at the twins, Zheng Yu Xian already knew what they were actually here for, as Wei gonggong had briefed him earlier on, when the invitation first came to the imperial palace.

He knew these two children very well. En Ya was the cheerful and good at martial arts, yet she was also the sloth princess. And the older twin, little Ci was an intelligent child, and he inherited his mother's fast learning talent.

Whatever little Ci was taught, he could learn it within the shortest time. But he was the shy type, and a little too obedient. Perhaps due to his frail body since birth, Little Ci never speak out his real feelings.

Little Ci needed someone to give him a push. Then only will he step out of the cage by himself. And the person to do it, would be En Ya, and perhaps himself, Zheng Yu Xian, their imperial father. Their Mu hou and little Yi had been a little too protective after all.

"Little Ci, Little Ya, what are the two of you nudging each other for? Just tell fu huang if you had something to say."

"Oh."

Zheng En Ya stepped forward, and bowed. She looked at the Emperor, her round eyes gleaming with great confidence.

"That, fu huang, Tian Country's brought us an invitation, to invite us for a tea banquet. I'm not interested in it, but Ci gege wants to go to take a look. Could fu huang please allow it?"

The Emperor turned to look at little Ci, when both of their eyes met and little Ci quickly looked down to his hands, as he tugged at his own sleeves. Little Ci puckered his lips. He was always nervous whenever he had to face their imperial father.

Zhen's adorable little Ci is so cute~~ just like back then when Zhen first met Ling er..... Why does he look exactly just like his Mu hou ah? Haih.... Now Zhen is starting to miss Ling er, when will he return from his visit to the north province?

Zheng Yu Xian couldn't help smiling by himself, as he kept on staring at little Ci, making little Ci even more nervous until he had started to tremble and tearing up. He sniffed as his tears dropped onto his cheeks.

"Fu huang!! You made Ci gege crying again.... Seriously, why do you always like to stare at Ci gege for so long and not speaking... You know how Ci gege was scared of you when you're acting like that....!!"

Zheng Yu Xian was startled, he was rather shocked at being reprimanded by his little princess En Ya. Zheng En Ya stomped her feet in anger and walked towards Zheng Ci as she consoled this weak willed older twin brother of hers.

"Alright, alright! Fu huang is wrong! Fu huang will let little Ci go to this tea banquet. Will this be fine? Little Ci ah, don't cry anymore alright? But Fu huang is afraid of letting you go by yourself, so why don't you bring little Momo or little Qian Feng along with you? They should go out and gain some experiences as well."

The two brightened up, their eyes widened in surprising delight. Really?? Their fu huang had given his approval?!

"Thanks to fu huang! Then we'll be going to prepare now!"

Zheng En Ya immediately rushed out after a quick bow, and Zheng Ci happily followed along as well. The Emperor chuckled seeing their expression. Well, Zhen will just have to endure their Mu hou's nagging later....

*

The horse carriage was moving at fast speed. Zheng Mo looked at Zheng Ci who smiled happily as he stared out of the window, looking at the wild forest.

"Ci ge(brother), please don't smile at all when we reached Tian Country. Scrunch your brows like this."

Zheng Mo made a frowning face. Zheng Ci laughed, seeing that weird, funny face on his younger brother, little Mo Mo, who had an all friendly face with a slight rebelling personality, yet he was trying to scrunched up that face of his.

"Don't laugh as well, if those princes from other countries favored you, who knows what fu huang, mu hou and eldest brother Crown Prince Yi would do to me ah....."

"Why would they do anything to you? It's not like anyone would look upon me. I'm still a half male, after all."

"Please ah, Ci ge, just don't smile, and laugh at anything there. It's simply a precaution I wanted you to be careful of."

"Alright..... Will this do?"

Zheng Ci frowned, with a pouting lips. Little Mo Mo felt like crying......

"Ci ge....... Do you know how to act like a proud person? Like when fu huang walked around the palace, doesn't he had that kind of expression on him? Or like En Ya jie (sister)'s sleazy attitude when she doesn't want to go to the library."

Zheng Ci nodded. He sat quietly, his face was stiff looking as if uninterested with everything surrounding him. Little Mo Mo cold sweated once more.

This expression is perfect. But, Ci ge..... Why does the air around you seems to have made you look mystical, and more like an aloof beauty?

A/N : Here comes the continuation story! Sorry for the lateness! I'm still within the 3 months busy period!