Chapter 15

Flapping open the fans in his hands skillfully, one after the other, Zheng Ci gracefully danced within the pavilion. Each of his steps were light and nimble. He slided across the room, twisting his waist. His gentle eyes glanced around, landing on his siblings who were doing their own thing.

Zheng Yi, their eldest brother, the crown prince, was standing next to a desk, a brush in his grip, constantly dipping in the ink as he drew on the canvas. The person within his drawing was precisely Zheng Ci.

A smile crept onto Zheng Yi's face as he noticed his glance. The man by Zheng Yi's side was a subordinate who pledged his loyalty towards Zheng Yi. His name was Fu Wen Zhao. He stood there, helping Zheng Yi to grind his ink.

Zheng En Ya was sitting, slouching her body against the table, her fingers snitching the little snack bites into her mouth while watching little Ci's dance alongside with Zheng Qian Feng whose eyes glittered with interest. His body seemed to itch to dance along. Unable to stop twitching.

Meanwhile Zheng Mo was quietly reading his book. The Grand Tutor allocated some assignments to them earlier during class, but it seemed only Zheng Mo who hadn't finished it. So he was currently occupied with the book.

The pleasant feeling of being with his siblings eased Zheng Ci's lonely heart. He flipped close a fan, and smiled. At Qian Feng, he gestured for him to come. Qian Feng happily came forward. Little Ci passed the fans into Qian Feng's hands, teaching him how to execute the movements.

Qian Feng diligently learned. Every little gestures of Zheng Ci seemed full of vitality and softness, bringing with it a feeling of beguiling others. Qian Feng was enraptured by the dance. His learning wasn't as fast as Zheng Ci, the genius but at the very least, Qian Feng was hardworking.

"Ci ge, we haven't seen Mu hou in three days.... Is Mu hou alright?"

Zheng Ci stopped for a second, but continued to execute the next movement immediately. His eyes expressed a laughing emotion. He knew what happened to their Mu hou since a palace maid told him when he went there early morning after the day they returned.

"Mu hou.... is fine. Probably just a little tired out. Mu hou will call for us for a meeting when he's feeling better soon."

"Oh....."

"Let's continue."

"Yes, Ci ge~~!"

**

In a room within the palace in Shu Country, Li Fei Xiang walked into her room with an angry face. That day, even before the dawn, she saw Li De crawling back to the guest room in Tian Country. When she approached him, only then she saw the tying bruises on his wrist, and some red biting marks on his neck. And the weird walking style.....

She realized the *pa pa pa* sound that night wasn't him doing the male princess Ci, but him being eaten up instead. Out of anger, she had hit Li De unconsciously, and put him within the chest in Zheng Mo's unguarded room.

"How humiliating....! To be topped by another man, you should just die as their country's citizen instead.... Hmph..!!"

When she returned to the palace, her Fu huang did asked of Li De's whereabouts, but she simply shrugged away the question with Li De being rebellious, and had run away to play.

Li Fei Xiang slumped to her bed. Her thoughts running wild at the moment. That night they clearly did it in Zheng Ci's room, and Zheng Mo's room was empty too.... Where did that Zheng Ci went that night?

"The Qi Empire's ambassador....."

She smirked. Li Fei Xiang stood up and left the bed. She walked to her desk, taking a calligraphy brush, she wrote out something onto a piece of paper, before calling in her maid. She gave the maid some gold, and the piece of paper.

She whispered to her maid. "I want this to be sent to a merchant. Have them circulate this in Yan Country. As far wide as possible." She smirked.

The maid nodded and left at once.

"Hmph... Let's see if you can handle this, Zheng Ci..."

**

Three months after...

A huge news erupted in Qi Empire. The Great Emperor Jian Dan abdicated his throne. And the throne was inherited by the Fourth Prince Jian Ze. This piece of news was circulated immediately, to every neighbouring countries, including Yan Country. Every countries were waiting to see, what would he brought on in his regime.

**

Zheng Ci paid his first visit to an orphanage in the East River City. This orphanage was one of the few he subsidied within Yan Country. He had never gone out of the palace ever since the Tian Country's tea banquet.

He had heard of the ministers' talk of the orphanages lacking sponsorships when he passed by the court. And thus he made his suggestion to contribute his allowances to the orphanages. The ministers were deeply touched by his earnesty and they too contributed out half of their yearly income to the needy and poor.

The orphanage was once old and torn from the reports Zheng Ci had received. But the orphanage was now new and well refurbished. Zheng Ci disguised himself as a scholar. Even his guards were well disguised too.

He made his check on the children's wellfare, and the staffs as well. Making sure none of the children were going hungry or abused.

After doing his round, Zheng Ci was about to leave to another shelter, when he noticed a middle aged man was crouching by the riverside, sighing. Zheng Ci made his own approach to ask.

"Uncle, what are you sighing about?"

The man turned to look at Zheng Ci in surprise. He noticed Zheng Ci's clothing and the few in entourage behind. He guessed this person's background might not be so simple.

"I am a traveller, in search of my long lost relative. The last I've heard of her, was around 20 years ago. She was last known to have resided in this city, but no one seemed to be able to tell me of her whereabouts now....."

Zheng Ci nodded in hearing his story.

"Then do you know of her name? Or any other things that relates to her? I might be able to help you search for her at the magistrate's...."

The man's eyes brightened at once, he agitatedly stood up straight and thanked Zheng Ci.

"Her name is Xue Yi. Full name's Jian Xue Yi."

Zheng Ci patted the man's shoulder, and smiled.

"Good, then, uncle, why don't you follow me to the magistrate's office. We'll find her records in no time."

The middle aged man nodded and followed after Zheng Ci. Two men appeared after they left, staring at each other as they talked to themselves.

"Will the former Great Emperor be alright?"

"Shh.... Silence. We're on the mission to protect the lord. Don't speak of his identity so easily."

"Yes."