Chapter 3

"What, are you perhaps afraid of me? Aren't I just a half male princess?"

Zheng Ci glared at the Shu Country's princess, with a laid back aloofness as he sat on his chair comfortably. He disliked being called a male princess, more so if they criticized his birth sex with such rudeness.

Li Fei Xiang was successfully taunted. She grasped her hands into fists in anger, but she didn't want Lei Ye Tian to see her ugly side. So she simply chuckled.

"Why not? Crown Prince Ye Tian, princes and everyone here, could you please be the judges to the tea brewing competition between this princess and Princess Ci?"

"Good. I'll let the servants prepare for it then. What do you all think?"

Yu Dian looked at his brother, Yu Feng and both nodded in agreement. Jian Yu and A Li Ya agreed as well.

Lei Ye Tian then turned to ambassador Zhi. This man isn't simple. The Great Qi Empire wouldn't send an ambassador all of sudden. What was his reason for coming along with Prince Jian Yu? Was he really just here to accompany the Prince on this trip?

"What about you, ambassador Zhi?"

Zhi shook his head and smiled.

"I have no opinion either, Crown Prince Ye Tian. I am only a lowly scholar who knows Prince Jian Yu and was made an ambassador by the Great Qi's Emperor due to Prince Jian Yu's recommendation. There was no need to ask of this lowly scholar."

"Ambassador Zhi is too humble. Then let's get the competition started."

Lei Ye Tian clapped his hands and the servants came in and set up two tables and the tea brewing equipments. When the preparations were done, the two princesses stood across each other and started.

Zheng Mo could only sighed as he watched the competition ongoing. Jian Yu and Zhi who sat the nearest to him, heard the sigh.

"Is there something wrong, Prince Mo? Were you worrying for Princess Ci? I'm sure there's nothing to worry about since Princess Ci looks rather confident."

Zheng Mo scratched his head. He turned to look at Jian Yu who had just spoken. This man doesn't seemed to be interested in Ci ge, so I guess it'll be fine to tell him a little.

"I'm not worried about our Princess Ci, more like, I'm worried whether this rivalry will just end on this one tea brewing competition. Us siblings were brought up by our fu huang and mu hou. We were made to read, learn and memorize all kinds of books and our Princess Ci was the cleverest than all of us. He could learn almost everything in perfection. Tea brewing was simply just one of those lessons he had partaken before."

Zheng Mo's voice was low, as he had only wanted to let these two men from Great Qi Empire to hear it. He gestured to them, telling them to keep it a secret from the others. Jian Yu and Zhi nodded.

Looking at the competition, Zheng Ci lighted up his little pot of water. He grabbed a few tea leaves up to his straight nose for a sniff. He nodded, knowing what to do with this type of tea leaves. Zheng Ci lighted up a small pan, throwing in the leaves, and slowly toasted it around. Watching him in great concentration, Li Fei Xiang started to get nervous.

Does he know to handle these tea leaves?

Li Fei Xiang wasn't one to be serious in her studies. She had skipped out of some of her lessons whenever she doesn't feel like studying. And tea brewing was a subject she hated, as she felt it was as boring as reading literatures.

She copied Zheng Ci's process of toasting the tea leaves. Lei Ye Tian noticed this action and shook his head in disappointment.

This princess was too full of herself. She clearly doesn't know how to brew at all. But this Princess Ci was quite interesting. Although he was a half male, he was not afraid of being chastised by anyone for being a princess.

This worth my respect to him. Such a beautiful person with remarkable talent and personality, if I were to marry Princess Ci instead of Princess En Ya, it doesn't seem like a bad choice at all.

Lei Ye Tian rubbed his chin as he thought. Zheng Mo gulped again. Four. He was making his count, as for how many men had been entrapped by Zheng Ci's beauty and talent.

How am I supposed to make them lose their attention on Ci ge?

His eyes fell on the ambassador Zhi. He smiled. This handsome man wasn't interested in Ci ge as well right? I can just have him help us out then. Why, aren't I smart too? Hehe.....

Zheng Mo slowly moved his seat next to Zhi, leaning over as he whispered secretly to him.

"Ambassador Zhi, could I ask you for a little help?"

Zhi nodded, after hearing a full explanation from Zheng Mo.

"Thanks, ambassador Zhi. You have our utmost gratitude."

Zhi waved his hand and smiled.

"It's nothing much but a sleight of hand in helping. There's no need for any thanks."

Zheng Mo nodded in relief, and went back to his seat. Jian Yu leaned over for a whisper too.

"What does he want you to do?"

Zhi chuckled. He patted Jian Yu's shoulder.

"Nothing much. He simply asked me to court Princess Ci."

Jian Yu's face twitched. He scrunched up his brows.

"For real?"

"Nope, just kidding. Prince Mo asked me to act like I am courting Princess Ci. Seems like Yan Country doesn't wish to have Princess Ci marrying outside their country. Since it looks like it'll be fun, I'll just comply with them in the act."

The two princesses finished their brewing. Lei Ye Tian and each of the other guests had a cup of Zheng Ci's newly brewed tea. Their brows were raised in delight.

To think this tea actually tastes so good after a good handling by Princess Ci. How would Princess Fei Xiang's brewing taste like then?

Everyone took a cup. With only a sniff, Zhi stopped and placed the cup back onto the table. Only Zheng Ci, Zheng Mo, and Jian Yu noticed this. They knew Zhi must have known something went wrong with that tea.

Li De, Yu Dian and Yu Feng drank the tea, their faces soured and they frowned. Lei Ye Tian frowned as well. A Li Ya simply touched her lips onto the cup and placed the cup on the table. She didn't even taste the tea at all. Li Fei Xiang was looking at Lei Ye Tian in expectation for a praise. But he frowned.

"This competition is won by Princess Ci. Princess Fei Xiang, why don't you study more before you tried brewing next time?"

"I'm not satisfied with this!! Princess Ci was proficient on tea brewing. But I'm not. Princess Ci, why don't we compete once more? This time, let it be the four arts."

Let's see if you're still more proficient than me. My talents in the four arts were famous all over our Shu Country.

"Oh... Alright."

They saw Zheng Ci was smiling. His smile was angelic and bright, melting their hearts at a glance. How beautiful!!

Zhi looked at Zheng Mo whose face was in despair. He was feeling distressed. Zhi could only patted his shoulder, as a consolation.

A/N: till here for now. Will write out more when I have time to do so! Thanks for reading! ≧ω≦