Chapter 30

"General, the enemies are spotted 500 yards away."

"How are our brothers' positioned?"

"Everything's as per your command, General."

"Good."

Dirt and dust covered his armor along with his distinct features, but it could never cover up his calmness nor his prestige as the imperial prince. Zheng Qian Feng raised his sword, thrusting it towards the land before them where the enemy approached.

"Forward!"

He rode his gallant horse General Yue, straight into the enemy's front line while accompanied by his bravest subordinates. Blood spilled on the land. In Zheng Qian Feng's eyes, he knew no fear. But the enemies feared his name, for those who had fought against his army, had all perished.

Even with his meager army, he made the enemies trembled with fear and retreated. Zheng Qian Feng raised his sword once again.

"Encircle!"

They knew they've had lost the moment they were trapped in encirclement by the hidden armies Zheng Qian Feng had prepared. There was no way out to retreat, but to accept their defeat.

The night was young when they finished wrapping up for the war. Zheng Qian Feng and his army had returned to their camp when the Emperor's edict arrived.

Eunuch Wei had to wait. For the young prince requested to receive it only in his best presentation. Zheng Qian Feng cleaned himself in the river near the camp, with his subordinates tagging along to clean themselves as well.

The water trickling down his skin was cooling and refreshing. Zheng Qian Feng sat down on a boulder and did his scrubbing alone. He was enjoying the bath by himself, while his subordinates were just a little down the river close by. One of his latest subordinates stood up proudly with only his pants on.

"General! Ji Shen requested to help you scrub your back! General?"

Ji Shen moved closer to the boulder Zheng Qian Feng was sitting on. The others were shocked and another subordinate immediately rushed up to stop him. He choked him with his muscular arm as he pulled him back.

"Don't! There's a consensus among the brothers for the past three years General had been with us. You'll face the wrath not just from all of us if you made this impetuous decision."

Ji Shen coughed as he tried to breathe.

"What's the problem with all of you?! Didn't General regards us as his brothers? What's wrong with helping him scrub his back??"

"Why is it that all of you are so loud even during bathing?"

Everyone quickly averted their eyes when the shocking figure appeared from behind the boulder. His long hair dripping wet, the smooth looking skin and the cute fluttering thick eyelashes. Even the inner clothing he was wearing stuck to his skin seemed so inviting in their eyes. Ji Shen gulped down hard as he watched Zheng Qian Feng moved his supple body around.

"Does our General have a pretty maid to serve him in the bath?"

The others cried out their utmost fear within their hearts. Heavens! The General may seem pretty nice since he treated them subordinates as his brothers, but if any of them had any weird intention even as little as laying an eye on his precious body, they're worth as much as a dead man. They feared the worst for this Ji Shen.

Zheng Qian Feng silently watching them. After noticing one of his subordinates was staring at him with such depraving eyes and insulting comment, Zheng Qian Feng slowly approached Ji Shen, teasing him a bit.