Special Chapter End❤❤: Spring is Best for Labor and War : Jian Ze x Zheng Ci

The fact that Zheng Ci was able to defeat the evildoer Fu Lun with a kick in the balls was an unimaginable fact. When inquired of the matter, Zheng Ci spoke of the metal plate he had sewn onto the shoes. The party gulped down their fear, crossing their legs in the reminder of the place where men felt hurt the most. They pitied Fu Lun for a second there. He must've had felt a great deal of pain in that one split second. An attack on such a vital spot with all emotions of anger included.

On their way back to the Great Qi Empire, Zheng Ci caught a little cold. He was reluctant about going to the physician. Much trouble to Jian Ze who had to bring the physician over to their resting inn instead while he was sleeping in.

The diagnosis surprised Jian Ze. His Empress was already in his second month of pregnancy. Such a dangerous trip they were on. How could they not even know of this? Was his Little Cici hiding it from him?

He waited for Zheng Ci to wake up. Truthfully telling him that he brought a physician over last night and the results of his diagnosis. Zheng Ci was not being pretentious and he nodded. Understanding where this had gone about.

"I realized it when we came to Wei Country. I couldn't possibly tell you then. Ah Zhi definitely will not allow me to go into the palace if I did tell." He snapped. His temperament had changed so much it was worrisome. They had to change their original route towards Yan Country instead even with much grumbling came from Zheng Ci who had greatly missed their child in Great Qi.

They received permission and stayed in Zheng Ci's old palace, at least until his pregnancy was deemed stable for their return journey. During that period, Zheng Ci met Li De again. But the sight of the latter's condition made him forget his previous worries. And they turned from enemies to being siblings.

Zheng Ci was crying the whole time during Yao Yao's labor. He almost had a miscarriage from all the tension. Thanks to a certain star reader's protection, he'd managed to get pass through the months safely.

A few weeks right before the estimated time of Zheng Ci's due, they received emergency news of the rogue attack on Red City of the Great Qi Empire. With the lack of Generals in the Empire, Jian Ze headed over to the war all by himself. Claiming that it was his duty to protect his People as the Great Emperor. Leaving the only few available ones to stay by his Empress's side, protecting the pregnant Empress as they went on a different route to return to the Capital safely.

"Stop! General Xiao, please take the route through the Coal Mountain."

"Empress, the mountain is too close to the Red City. It is not possible. His Majesty will go in fury if he heard any of this."

"Listen to Bengong. The enemies are most likely to be hiding there within the mountain. There is a piece of land surrounded by the mountain and no one else would think to look there."

"His Majesty would've known..."

"He does not. It was a place he cannot tread his feet on. A land that the former Great Emperor had bestowed to the clan of miners. The clan of which his wife, the former Great Empress was once belonged to."

"Does that mean the rogue attacks were...?"

"For starters, we will have to check by ourselves."

The baby was kicking. Zheng Ci sweated as he rubbed on his belly, trying to calm the child down. Heading onto the Coal Mountain on Zheng Ci's order, General Xiao sent his men in advance on the road to check the land where they found out that a majority of the miners were being held captive within their own ground. A few rogue bandits...

"Doesn't quite look like bandits. Are they mercenaries? Send a word to His Majesty. I'm suspecting rogue mercenaries have come to mess with us. Holding captive of our miners, there is a possibility that they are used to attack our Red City."