Special Chapter - Three Years A Sprout of Love

A/N: Zheng Mo x Li De/Yao Yao

The story retold from three years ago, the night Li De was brought back after he failed from the assassination attempt on Jian Ze.
He failed to exact his revenge on Qi Empire. Even had to live out his life as a captured slave. As red as roses, Li De watched the beddings painted in his own blood till the last moment right before he lost his consciousness. He saw the downhearted Zheng Mo rushing towards him.

Zheng Mo held onto him dearly, closely against his own chest. The slitted wrist heavily bandaged in order to stop the blood flow. His hands trembled. Afraid that Li De would really be gone the moment he looked away even for a short second.

"Please don't go. Don't leave me. I beg of you. I won't force you to sleep with me anymore. Don't leave me please...!"

***

Unknown to Li De, a fortnight had gone by while in his deep sleep. He woke up then. Waking up to the haggard looking prince by his side. He wondered why he no longer feels shocked nor fear of this man. Was it due to the fact that he had let go of everything, his own life included?

He stared at Zheng Mo long time. He was reminded of his first time being taken away by this man, but he did not feel bad about it. The words he'd spoken that night he committed suicide, deeply engraved in his heart.

Live well even if Shu had fallen. Don't think of revenge, but me. I'll take good care of you, with my whole lifetime, till your death hour arrives.

Li De was confused, he was unable to comprehend Zheng Mo's thoughts. He wanted to shake Zheng Mo awake from his rest but found himself tied up around the wrists and both his ankles.

He sat there, silently waiting for his awakening.

Zheng Mo woke up to find Li De dumbly sitting next to him. He instantly got up and hugged him tightly. Li De grunted, he loosened his hug at once.

"Are you hungry? You must have been. Of course. I made some porridge earlier. I'll reheat it for you. Wait for me."

Rushing out like the wind, he came back even sooner, like Li De had thought he would. Zheng Mo fed him spoonful by spoonful, making sure that every single mouthful had cooled down before feeding it to Li De. Li De went back to sleep soon after. With Zheng Mo by his side, constantly.

Days passed in tranquility. Except for the bondages, Li De seemed to be healthy and well fed. He found himself getting used to Zheng Mo's care. A total contrast to Zheng Mo who had weakened in terms of his mind and strength. Even with Li De urging him to take a rest, he was too afraid to do so. Li De promised him that he would not kill himself again, however, he was seriously haunted by such thoughts. What if he wakes up one day to find him dead?

The day Li De had dreaded the most still came. Zheng Mo finally collapsed. He tried his best to wake Zheng Mo but there was no response at all. Heavy emotions welled up in his chest. His tears fell uncontrollably. His body shook trembling as Li De yelled as loud as he could, to the point his throat hoarsened. Only then did someone finally entered the room they were in.

Both parties were dumbfounded to their surprise. Who wouldn't. The Empress, Qiu Qian Ling was just missing his son, Mo and passed by the palace in his carriage when he heard Li De's sad bawling. Walking in to find Zheng Mo collapsed and the other person, a young man only in his inner clothing, sitting on the bed and hugging onto Zheng Mo's body with both his hands tied. Qiu Qian Ling truly didn't know how to interpret this situation.

Although he knew he could not be hidden from the Yan imperial family any longer, Li De could care less about it. Saving Zheng Mo was his priority. He didn't want to lose him after losing everything else.