Chapter 36

"First bow to Heaven and Earth! Second bow to the ancestors! Third bow to the Imperial Family! Fourth bow to the husband and wife!"

The couple bowed according to the regulations. Following with a second bow before the former Great Emperor and then the third bow to the current Great Emperor Jian Ze, and Empress Ci, and the last bow while facing the life partner before them.

"The wedding is now concluded! Send the bride to the consummation room..." The commemorator paused. Looking at the newly wedded couple, he asked. "...Wait...who's the bride?"

Jian Dan glared at him for the sudden questioning. Does it need to be said? No one will say you're mute if you don't ask that!

One look at Jian Yu, a cheerful-anything prince, the other was a general but a little devilish beauty. He was not the only one confused among the crowds. Jian Yu stepped out with a cherry smile to relieve them of their mixed thoughts.

"Benwang is the bride. Let's go."

The commemorator sipped in the cold air. He'd barely noticed the ferocious glare from Jian Dan. Knowing he'll be in deep trouble if he didn't end the wedding any quicker than this, he hurriedly rushed the groom to the room as well.

"Groom, please enter the room as well."

Zheng Qian Feng walked out of the main hall and headed towards the room. He stood at the door, hesitating for a whole thirty seconds before entering. Jian Yu had a playful smile on his face. He'd clearly noticed him and was waiting to see how he would deal with their wedding night.

He was nervous, of course, he did. He did not recall having done this subject called intercourse nor had he learned about it before. But his face retained the stillness. Zheng Qian Feng knew he would lose if he showed his temper so easily. He approached the bed where Jian Yu was sitting.

"King Yu." Zheng Qian Feng spoke nonchalantly.

"Fu Jun~ (Husband)." But someone decided to break down the cool and composed attitude of Zheng Qian Feng. Jian Yu's playful voice once again gave him the shivers down the spine. His nerves were spurned, almost break out to yet another fight. Controlling himself, Zheng Qian Feng choked on his own breathing.

Jian Yu laughed as he patted Zheng Qian Feng's back. Pulling him to sit on the bed as well as helping him regain his composure. Jian Yu stood and walked over to get their wine. Two small wine cups soon appeared in his hands when he returned to the bed.

"It's our wedding wine."

They crossed their arms together, holding their cup to their lips and gulped it down. Anything ahead of the wedding procession, Zheng Qian Feng was blind to it. He was unsure what they should be doing after this. He slowly placed the wine cup away and remained silent for a while. Boredom soon seeped in for Jian Yu.

"Fu Jun?" Unable to bear waiting any longer, he spoke.

"Hmm...?"

Jian Yu deliberately puckered his lips forward to tease Zheng Qian Feng.

"Didn't you once said you will only kiss your bride? Come on, kiss ah..."

"..."

Clearly, Zheng Qian Feng wouldn't dare to do it, but a tease was always fun. Jian Yu lightly snickered at him. When a sudden peck landed on his lips, Jian Yu was stunned with disbelief. He wanted to continue with the teasing but found the latter already moved into the bed, covering himself with the blanket, and facing the wall on the other side.

"Sleep early. We still have a long way to go tomorrow."

Happy even with just a quick kiss, Jian Yu huddled up in the blanket, sticking himself close to Zheng Qian Feng with his arm going around the waist.