Chapter 18

Zheng Yi heard that Little Ci had left the palace on his own, bringing only four guards and a maid along on his trip to the orphanages near East River City. He had wanted to go along, to accompany Little Ci, but time and luck were not with him at the moment. A group of ambassadors had just arrived, not just from Tian Country, but the Great Qi Empire as well. And he, as the Crown Prince had been appointed by the Emperor to entertain them.

It had only been a month since the current Great Qi Emperor was enthroned. Zheng Yu Xian was rather surprised that the Great Qi Emperor would personally sent an ambassador over to Yan Country, instead of requesting for an ambassador to be sent to Great Qi Empire. As written in previous history, all neighbouring countries were entitled to send an ambassador of their country to the Empire when a new generation of Great Qi's Emperor was enthroned.

Yet to think that the Great Qi's ambassador would arrive at this timing.....and so did the Tian Country's ambassador, even the Tian Country's Crown Prince, Lei Ye Tian as well. Why would they all come rushing now? Zheng Yu Xian rubbed his glabella. He turned to look at his Empress who sipped on his cup of tea in silence. Qiu Qian Ling seemed rather calm and currently his face held a lofty expression, fit for an Empress. He smiled.

As expected of my beloved Ling er.....

Zheng Yu Xian then found Zheng Yi to be inspecting both sides' ambassadors. His face looked pretty murderous at the moment. Zheng Yu Xian gulped down his tea, while taking a glimpse at the ambassadors as well.

Zhen wonder if Zhen's future son in law is here?

The eunuch Wei gonggong, stood by his side, informing him of the details he'd gotten in regards to the ambassadors' identity. The Great Qi's Prince Jian Yu and an eunuch named Han Xin. The Tian Country's Crown Prince Lei Ye Tian and an ambassador named Fu Tien. Both country and Empire came bearing each a scroll.

Zheng Yu Xian then had Wei gonggong received the scrolls in his stead and read the scrolls to him and the Empress by his side. He was almost choked to death himself, when he heard the contexts. Even Qiu Qian Ling lost his composure when he heard.

What the.....

Why were everyone here to propose  marriages for Little Ci now?? He frowned.

"Would anyone care to explain to Zhen, what are your intentions for coming here to propose for Zhen's little princess?"

Lei Ye Tian gave a light nod.

"This prince have fallen for Princess Ci since the first sight of the princess in Tian Country, his elegance self and beauty deeply engraved in mind. And thus this Prince have decided to brazenly come forward to Yan Country to propose for his hand in marriage."

The Emperor, Zheng Yu Xian frowned and turned his attention to Jian Yu who smiled as he stood. Clasping his hands and bowed slightly in correspondent to Yan Country's custom, he spoke in a mild tone yet straightforward to the main point.

"Your Majesty, our Emperor and Princess Ci have made their promises to marry a while ago. As a token of love, our Emperor have given his blood jade, which represents his identity of the royal bloodline, to Princess Ci as a keepsake. I believe Your Majesty and the Empress could attest to this one's claim with Princess Ci."

Every one of them within the hall had eyes enlarged to the point they would pop out from their sockets. Jian Yu continued to speak a while longer but none of them seemed to be listening.

"As for the marriage gifts, Our Emperor would be marching over with the imperial army in a year's time. His Majesty will personally send the gifts."

Lei Ye Tian was the one who was the most surprised hearing Jian Yu's words. So that ambassador Zhi....is the newly enthroned Great Emperor Jian Ze?! He survived from the arrow shot then?? His hand tightly fisted. Since he had lived, he most likely have investigated the assassination attempt on him. Then he probably would have known the perpetrator of the attempt was him.

Silence took over the hall until the sound of wind chime at the entrance brought their attention back to the current situation. Both Zheng Yu Xian and Qiu Qian Ling were equally surprised.

How did their future son in law whom they haven't even met, turned from a mere ambassador to the Great Qi's Emperor? Was Little Ci's love luck's that excellent?

"Then... Let us wait. Our Princess Ci is currently not within the palace at the moment. We shall wait till Princess Ci confirmed the matter, then only Zhen will decide on the wedding. Then Crown Prince Yi, do take good care of the ambassadors."

"Understood, Fuhuang."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

**

Zheng Yi led the ambassadors towards the guest quarters. They passed by the garden in the inner palace when they heard the sound of swords clashing. They stopped there for a short while, watching the sword practice of a young prince. Jian Yu's face lightened up with a bright smile.

"Little cutie!!"

Zheng Qian Feng flinched at the calling. He turned his head around as his leg landed a kick on his practice partner. Zheng Qian Feng glared at them with his menacing eyes. His practice partner was left twitching on the ground.

"Who the hell are you calling a little cutie, dumb bird?"

Everyone stared at the ambassador Jian Yu who was wearing a cloak made of white bird feathers. The Great Qi's eunuch Han Xin who came with Jian Yu stifled his laugh with his long sleeve. To think that the second prince of the Great Qi would gain one such nickname. However, that name surely does suit him and his frivolous attitude. Jian Yu coughed in embarrassment. 

"Qian Feng, watch your words. Surely you don't wish to get punished like before?"

Zheng Yi was frowning, he strictly told off this youngest sibling of his. Zheng Qian Feng clasped his hands and bowed to apologize.

"Pardon for my insolence. Then I'll return to my quarters to rest now."

The young prince turned to leave but not after he glared an eye at Jian Yu.

A/N : I took a rather long time to edit this chapter. Sorry if its not that satisfying ( TДT). I will make the next one better....