Chapter 25

The entire Main Army and the imperial carriage stopped. They had finally arrived at the behemoth state of their destination. The Great Qi Empire.

The vast flourish land, the sighting of the villagers respectfully bowing to them along the way as they proceeded towards the Capital Of Great Qi also known as the Millennium City. Zheng Ci was truly amazed. So this was the Great Qi.

Jian Ze was intrigued, watching the usual mesmerizing pair of eyes so bright and sparkling as he was looking out to the colossal empire he ruled.

He took Zheng Ci's hand, caressing it as he softly gazed at him. Zheng Ci turned to look at him with confusion. Releasing his hand from his grasp, Zheng Ci cupped Jian Ze's face. Staring straight into his eyes.

"What's wrong?"

Jian Ze shook his head. He pulled the slender body into his embrace. He sighed deeply. To be able to see his precious Xiao Ci daily, just like now, holding him in his arms seemed to be like in a dream. He would never put him in harm. Never again shall they separate from one another.

"Xiao Ci, Zhen will protect you for life."

"Hmmn? What do you mean? Is there something troubling you, Ah Zhi?"

He nodded.

"The former Great Emperor, my father, he did not know of your physical condition."

"But what's there to be worried about? Xiao Ci may be a half man, but Xiao Ci can still.....give birth to your...descendants....."

His face flushed up a deep crimson. Like a blossoming red chrysanthemum growing in the field they were passing by. Zheng Ci buried his face in Jian Ze's neck. Feeling shy and ashamed by his own words. Jian Ze found that his worries have been wiped off his mind the moment he noticed the cute right ear of Xiao Ci turning red as well. He chuckled and nibbled on it. Zheng Ci jolted, his body arched slightly.

"Nngh~!"

Zheng Ci pouted his lips, covering the ear as he glared at Jian Ze. But his expression was still as cute in his eyes.

"Why did you bite my ear?"

"Ah... It's because Zhen wants to. Why, are you angry? My future Empress can't be this petty to Zhen."

"When have I ever say I'm going to be your Empress?"

The shy looking Zheng Ci averted his eyes. A mischievous smirk appeared on Jian Ze's face.

"Is that so? Does that mean Zhen will have to marry another woman to be Zhen's Great Qi Empress? Hmm, the Prime Minister's daughter and the Grand Tutor's daughter are both electable. They both are from well known distinguished families. With great talents, and astounding beauties. Who should I choose?"

"You dare?!"

"Zhen..."

For a split second, he remembered how he had made Zheng Ci cried before and instantly shut his mouth and shook his head.

"How would Zhen dare, Zhen wouldn't want to see my beloved Xiao Ci crying ever again."

Zheng Ci laid his head on Jian Ze's shoulder, arms around the waist and smiled.

"That's better."

The relaxing, lovey-dovey ambience within the carriage made it hard for the troubled young Zheng Qian Feng to wake up. Gritting his teeth, he had to fake his sleeping posture on the long trip till they reached the main gate of the Millennium City.

Zheng Ci shook him awake when they're about to reach. The intimate conversation between the two really made him feeling awkward and sad. His Ci ge already found his other half. And soon going to be married.