Chapter 33

Grumpy looking Jian Dan focused on the beautiful General. He admits the Zheng siblings had their own special charm to themselves. He had seen Zheng Yi and Zheng Mo previously when they turned up in Qi Empire for Jian Hui's first-month celebration. The two brothers were charming and attractive to the pretty ladies even with them just having a lone conversation between themselves.

Too bad he doesn't have a princess to marry off or he definitely would have chosen one of the two Zheng princes. He remembered Zheng Ci had another two siblings. Hearing from Zheng Ci, both were described as pretty and docile. He had never met them but the one before him was indeed one of them. But the fact that he is a male still ticked him off. If only Zheng Qian Feng was born a female then he would never say no to their marriage.

Ahh~ No one would be able to take their eyes away from this young General. His strikingly beautiful countenance made it impossible to ignore him. Jian Dan looked around the hall, his gaze fell upon his son Jian Ze who was deep in his delightful conversation with Zheng Ci. Okay, maybe except for the current Great Emperor Jian Ze whose heart was only devoted to his Empress Zheng Ci.

Those two, they won't get bored with just staring at one another every single day? They were basically stuck together all the time except during the morning court.

His attention returned to Zheng Qian Feng. Jian Yu sipped his tea enjoying the situation.

"When will your marriage be held? What about the bridal gifts?"

"Your Excellency, please forget about the incident that happened earlier on. King Yu and I were only acting out on purpose for little Jian Hui to see. There are no marriage promises to this matter."

"Really?" Half-believing him, Jian Dan turned to his son for a confirmation. A playful smile was all Jian Yu gave him.

Dumb son. Can't even get hold the heart of a pretty man. Tsk tsk tsk.

He scoffed at his son. Jian Yu knew he was being silently ridiculed but whatever. He continued to stare at the young General Zheng. Jian Dan had no way to mock him any better. He directed his gaze back to the loving couple.

"Very well. Great Emperor, how is the preparation going on?"

"Everything's done as planned, Fuhuang. Credits all goes to Little Cici. He did a very good job planning for our Little Hui."

"Oh? Well done, Cici! Then Fuhuang shall return to his palace to prepare for the celebration tonight."

"Yes, Fuhuang."

Over the three years of marriage life, Zheng Ci had soon gotten used to being praised by the father and son duo. It became a normal occurrence that he doesn't feel the need to get flushed over it for nothing. Jian Ze was disappointed. He soon thought of another plan instead.

***

Not everyone was invited. Only a few court officials, Zheng Qian Feng, and the Qi Imperial family attended the celebration. Little Jian Hui soon became sleepy watching the dancers turning around and around the stage. Zheng Ci brought his son Hui in his embrace and left earlier to tuck him to sleep in little Hui's palace. Before he walked away from the celebration, he made sure to make a strict request with the eunuch by Jian Ze's side not to let him drink more than seven cups of wine.

In another half an incense time Jian Dan yawned and returned to his palace as well. Finding that his imperial father had entered slumber early as well, he called upon the eunuch to bring them a special wine for the happy occasion.

He noticed Zheng Qian Feng had not taken a sip of wine since the start of the celebration. He wondered if he couldn't drink in Zheng Ci's presence, but soon forgotten about it. He had the eunuch distributed the wine, even downed a cup himself. The taste was delightfully sweet. He liked it and downed another instantly.