Chapter 38

The blind shaman arrived from the outer palace at Jian Ze's order. Jian Dan kept pacing around the room with Jian Hui's parents staying close to their child.

Upon his arrival, the shaman looked for the child first. Counting with his fingers while facing towards Jian Hui, he seemed to have figure out something. The shaman approached Zheng Ci and held out his hand to reach for the blood jade in his possession.

"Empress, how did you come to own this piece of jade?"

"It belongs to my Muhou. And also a keepsake of my grandmother's. Is there a problem?"

"Let me see it for a moment." Jian Dan was curious upon hearing that it was a piece of jade. He compared it to the one he had. Similarities shown on the jades, it made him gaped.

"Little Cici, what is your grandmother's name?"

"Han Xue Yi."

"Ah...so she was using her mother's surname. No wonder I couldn't find her trails after such a long time. Wait, why didn't you tell me when we first met in East River City?"

Zheng Ci pouted, how can this be blamed on him?

"Fuhuang, you clearly said your relative was named Jian Xue Yi and my grandmother was only a dancer. How am I supposed to relate them together?"

"True...but you could've told me that her name was similar..!"

"Fuhuang. What's more important now is the safety of our Xiao Hui. Can we discuss Great Aunt later?" Jian Ze chastised him. He lowered his voice at once and laid low.

"Oh..."

The shaman touched Jian Hui's forehead. Making his spiritual connection to the one who made the initial connection to Jian Hui. He instantly opened his eyes, revealing the whites.

"Your Majesty, Your Excellency, and Empress Niang Niang, His Highness's curse seemed to be similar to the one that occurred from 45 years ago. The one that Your Excellency was once gotten trapped within. I believe it is the doing of the old shaman Fu Lun. This may be an act of revenge set against the Empire Qi."

"That bastard...? He still won't let go of the fact that I am more superior to him? I should've killed him instead of exiling him back then. Now he has returned for revenge and aiming for my grandson? Fu-Uhm, mind my language."

He tapped his mouth. Jian Ze gazed towards Zheng Ci, he knew they must be thinking on the same line with how he was tightly gripping onto his sleeve.

"Little Cici."

"Mm. We can't let him live if we want Xiao Hui to grow up safe and sound. Shifu, could you find out where that person is?"

The blind shaman nodded. He felt the urgency of this matter and rushed with his calculation.

"Empress Niang Niang, that person is currently in Wei Country."

Dare to curse my son? I'm going to curse you to the eighteenth generation!

"Ah Zhi." Zheng Ci stood, placing the blood jade into Jian Hui's clothes. Hoping that it would help to act as a barrier against the curse. Both of them prepared to leave the palace.

"Hmm. Fuhuang, we'll leave Xiao Hui in your care."

"Oh, alright. Come back safely and bring Li Shun with you. He has strong spiritual eyes and can act for your protection against the shaman's lunatic ways."

"Sure." The couple hugged Jian Hui who stared at them with bright, gleaming eyes. Zheng Ci's heart melted. He was reluctant to leave but considering the future, he toughened up himself. The two left the palace in a carriage that evening.