Chapter 20

Witnessing a purplish bruise that was not supposed to have yet was appearing on Jian Yu's cheek made the Yan Emperor, Zheng Yu Xian having his mouth twitching on the side non stopping.

This Qian Feng, seriously..... One of these days he might just give Zhen his early death. Aish.... This Emperor is getting old..... Can't even handle a little surprise at all. He shook his head.

Jian Yu smiled at Zheng Yu Xian who returned his smile awkwardly, before turning his attention towards his youngest prince Zheng Qian Feng. Zheng Qian Feng drank his tea with a calm stature, no expression on his delicate facial for them to deduce his thinking.

When will Ci ge return to the palace? We have yet to finish the dance lesson he taught me previously. I'm so bored, I want to practice but I've forgotten the steps.... Hmnn?

His eyelashes flickered uncomfortably. He felt something not right, yet, what was it? He frowned.

Yi ge, smelly Momo, and EnYa jie are all within the palace ground. No other place can be safer than here in this country, except Ci ge who's still travelling out. Could it be, Ci ge met with some trouble?!

As worried as he was, Zheng Qian Feng stood and calmly cupped his hands, with a light bow of all due respect, he excused himself and was about to leave the pavilion, when an imperial guard rushed in.

"Your Majesty! Bad news! Princess Ci met with bandits on the road back to the Capital. In the middle of the mountain when they were trying to escape the pursuit of the bandits, the carriage fell off the mountain.  Princess Ci is currently nowhere to be found."

*BAM*

Zheng Yu Xian staggered on his feet as he stood. His face turned extremely haggard as he stared at the imperial guard with an alarming expression. Even Jian Yu and Zheng Qian Feng were both shaken up by such news.

"Get General Wen and a thousand imperial guards! Search the whole mountain area! You must find Zhen's Princess Ci or Zhen shall present all of your heads in front of the Empress as your apology!!"

"Yes, Your Majesty!!"

The imperial guard hurriedly rushed out. Zheng Qian Feng kneeled at one knee and spoke.

"Fuhuang! Please allow Er chen to lead a search for Ci ge as well."

"Qian Feng...."

Jian Yu stepped out and stood next to the kneeling prince. He nodded his head.

"This prince would like to help out with the search too."

Zheng Yu Xian stared at both. Determination, anxiety, written all over their face. Even if he'd say no, these two most likely would still go out and search by themselves.

"Good, Zhen allow. But you two will lead another army. March forward to the bandits' lair. Obliterate them."

"Yes, Fuhuang."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

***

The road was bumpy, the carriage shook for a bit while as it continued its journey. A groaning come from within and a reprimanding male voice sounding along.

"Aiyo.... Watch the road properly.... We have an injured patient here...."

"Yes, former Em.... Old Master!"

Jian Dan lightly dabbed a wet cloth on Zheng Ci's face. Wiping the blood that had started to dry as they were on the way to the Capital City of Yan.

"Not sure why... This child and I sure does have some fate huh.... Even at this critical moment when he should have died from the carriage crashing, we could even meet this way.... Tsk tsk tsk..."