Chapter 11

The two horse drawn carriages were moving aligned, side by side, speeding along the mountain road in the east right after leaving the Capital City of Tian Country. Sitting next to the coachman for almost an hour long, Jian Yu was utterly bored. There was nothing interesting to see on the mountain road, other than the bushy forest and the high up, cloudy sky.

He looked to his right side, where the pretty faced young boy, Zheng Qian Feng was sitting with a frowning face and pouting lips. Qian Feng's round eyes kept on flitting towards the curtained window of the opposite carriage. Jian Yu was amused. He laid comfortable to the side and continued to observe Qian Feng's expression.

Within Jian Yu's carriage, Zhi and Zheng Ci sat next to each other. For the first hour sitting in the carriage, the two would take turns glancing at one another. Yet not a word of conversation was shared among the two.

"Ah Zhi."

"Hmnn?"

"That...you...."

"Little Ci, what do you have in thoughts in regard to marriage?"

Zheng Ci blushed. He wasn't sure how to answer to Zhi's abrupt questioning. His heart was pounding as he nervously stared at Zhi.

"Why.. Why are you asking me?"

"Mm... Perhaps... It's because my father wants me to marry a wife soon, when I return to Great Qi. He seemed to have already chosen a noble lady for my marriage."

Zheng Ci felt his heart sank, hearing him speak those words so nonchalantly as if marriage was nothing, but a mere conformity, by abiding to his parents' wishes. Zheng Ci looked away, the long lashes of his eyes fluttered, and a tear dropped to his cheek, as he hid his sad expression away from Zhi. He silently teared, biting down at his lower lip, trying to contain his sadness.

Zhi smirked, he was wondering why there was no answer from Zheng Ci. He turned to look, finding the lovely Little Ci's face to have been smeared with wet tears. His face darkened instantly, as his own expression turning grave. He reached out to hold the male princess's hand. Zheng Ci rejected his hand, he stood up and said,

"Stop the carriage... I'm getting off."

Zheng Ci couldn't bear to look at Zhi in his eyes. He wiped his tears, and turned to leave through the curtained entry. Zhi gritted his teeth, his hand held onto Zheng Ci's wrist, pulling him down towards himself. Zheng Ci was startled when he bumped into Zhi's buff chest. Their eyes stared at each other and the next second, Zhi flipped Zheng Ci onto the couch, his lips pressed upon Zheng Ci's soft, alluring lips.

"...mmnnn."

'Didn't he say he is going to marry someone in the Great Qi? Why is he.....??!'

Zheng Ci felt the man above him was pushing his tongue into his mouth. He gripped at Zhi's arm with little strength, trying to push the man away, but it was futile effort for him. The man held him tight in a close embrace and he was soon melted down by Zhi's one passionate kiss. Their tongues met, tangled around with Zhi securely held Zheng Ci underneath him. He couldn't help but let out a low whimper, he was engrossed in his affections as their kiss deepened.

Zhi wiped off the tears that lingered on the pretty little Ci's cheeks, using his fingers. He'd never would have thought that seeing his tears would made him feel so pained, his heart wrenching to the point that he wasn't sure what to do.

H'd released Zheng Ci's lips, giving it a peck and held him tight to his chest. Zheng Ci listened to his heart beat, it was as frantic as his own.

What is he trying to express to me? Does he, loved me?

"Little Ci, marry me. Let me stay by your side forever."

Zheng Ci's eyes glistened. He looked up at Zhi, the earnest look in his eyes never do seem to falter. He'd placed his hands around Zhi's waist, snuggling in his embrace. Zheng Ci shyly nodded his head, burying his embarrassment onto Zhi's sturdy chest.

"Then what about the noble lady your father wants you to marry? Will you....be marrying her?"

Zhi could feel little Ci's anxiousness within his words. He held him tight. He regretted trying to test out little Ci's feelings for him.

"I won't. I promise you, I won't marry anyone else, other than you. My self, my heart, and my affections, will never be split for another. I'll give you my everything. Trust in me."

Zheng Ci blushed, he nodded as a reply to his sweet promise. Zhi raised little Ci's chin, smooching his lips and the two continued to envelop themselves in another passionate moment along the journey.

Dusk arrived, and so were they. They reached the border, splitting the two countries, Yan and Tian, apart.

Sadness filled Little Ci's heart once more. Separation with the one he felt loved was not easy. Zhi comforted him. He took out a blood jade and placed in Zheng Ci's hand.

"I'll come to Yan Country to propose, after I'm done with my duties to the Emperor. Wait for me, little Ci. Don't get yourself married to another while I weren't around. Promise me."

Zheng Ci nodded. He reluctantly stood up and left the carriage with a heavy heart. Zhi watched him entered the other carriage, his heart melancholy, but he endured it. The horses neighed, and brought the carriage to pass the Yan Country's border. Jian Yu leaned over. He had just dismissed the coachman and the carriage, only leaving the two black horses for their journey.

"I say, can we go now? Stop looking, Ah Zhi, we need to rush back."

"Okay."

***

A day after, Zhi and Jian Yu finally reached the border of Great Qi. The surrounding was dark, it was nighttime. A sharp pointy arrow strike through the sky, impaling Zhi's right shoulder through the back. He groaned and fell off to the ground. Jian Yu hurriedly reined his horse over, lifting the injured Zhi onto his horse and sped off towards the Great Qi land. The Great Qi camp was just around the mountain.

Jian Yu rushed his horse even faster towards the camp. He bellowed at the soldiers stood guarding at the entry.

"Get the physician!! H-hurryyy!!!"

A/N: uhmnnn.....I'm terribly late, am I? Gomennn.....( TДT)

#there's a new project, that'll be released soon (maybe), a collaboration with a few other wattpad writers and readers. And I'm proud to be one of them. For more information, please follow up "divinedeitysect". Thank you.