Chapter 5

"The Empress and the Crown Prince have returned, Your Majesty. They're waiting right outside the imperial study."

"They have returned? What are you waiting for then?! Hurry and let them come in!"

"Yes, Your Majesty!"

Wei gonggong walked out hurriedly. Zheng Yu Xian put down his book and looked up towards the door, he heard the light footsteps getting nearer and nearer. His face crept up a smile as he saw his beloved Ling er strolled into the imperial study with their eldest son, Zheng Yi.

"Ling er, how was the North province?"

Qian Ling walked over to Zheng Yu Xian's side and sat down next to him. His head slumped tired on the Emperor's shoulder as he sighed. Zheng Yu Xian lightly patted his beloved on the back.

"Very tiring.... Xiao Xian, the North province is okay. General Sun and his troops were keeping an eye on the border. Zhan Country wouldn't be able to cross up into our northern lands in a short while. Since the Great Qi Empire is still pressuring them on their other border."

"Oh? This is a good news. Great job in checking up on the north, Ling er! You look so fatigued, why don't you return to the inner chamber to rest. Zhen will come see you later."

Qian Ling nodded slightly, he stood up to leave, gesturing to Zheng Yi to follow him out as well but Zheng Yi shook his head to refuse. Qian Ling smiled. This child.....

"After 4 months in the north, I've been worrying whether our precious little Ci is doing well or not. Let's go see little Ci first before we rest then."

"Yes, mu hou."

The grown up Zheng Yi was even more handsomer than his father the Emperor. All the noble ladies in the country would have been enchanted by him wherever he goes if he was more friendlier looking. And if, he could stop comparing those ladies to little Ci...... At this point, how is he going to find a wife? Qian Ling sighed once more.

"Xiao Xian, we're going now. Don't read until too late....."

The Emperor jolted when he heard them mentioning little Ci. His cold sweat dripped down his forehead.

"Ling er, little Yi, there's no need to go to check up on little Ci. Tian Country's Crown Prince sent an invitation a week ago, and Zhen had allowed little Ci and little Mo Mo to broaden their knowledge while attending the tea banquet there. They should be back by next week."

The two stood frigid, with a bizarre expression shown on both of their faces.

"You sent my precious babies to where? Tian Country?!"

"Fu huang!! Our little Ci is so frail and kind, what if he was bullied by the others there?? Mu hou, I shall go fetch little Ci back immediately at once. I won't let them get close to little Ci even an inch."

"Stop. Where do you think you're going, little Yi? Go back to your study and read your books if you have the time to go around. The Grand Tutor has been waiting to check up on your studies."

"But...! Yes, fu huang. Then Yi will be taking his leave first."

The gloomy looking Zheng Yi bowed and left the imperial study dejectedly. Qian Ling harrumphed, and turned around to leave as well. There was no nagging today? The Emperor was surprised. After a while, an eunuch came in to pass the Empress's message.

"The Empress said, Your Majesty shall sleep on your own until Princess Ci and Prince Mo return to the imperial palace."

Zheng Yu Xian felt like crying. He slumped onto the desk with his face down.

***

Zhi and Jian Yu were waiting. It was still early, so they had to wait for a while for the Princess Ci to arrive.

"Are you sure Princess Ci will be coming along with us to the festival?"

"Yes, I believe that should be the case. Let's just wait. We're gentlemen after all."

"What gentlemen?"

A head popped in on Zhi's right side. Both of them turned around to see Zheng Mo and another gorgeous looking young man whose handsome face had certain similarities to Zheng Mo's. His height was only slightly shorter than Zhi, and a little taller than Zheng Mo. Zhi raised up his brow as he looked at the young man, from head to toe.

"Princess Ci?"

Zheng Ci nodded with a smile. Jian Yu gaped open his mouth, shocked by Zheng Ci's astounding male appearance.

"Princess Ci, is it alright for you to dress up as a man?"

"Is there a problem with my appearance? I'm also a male too, don't tell me you don't know about it.....!"

Zheng Ci said with a look of confusion. This was his first time going into a city without the guards, so he wanted to wear something comfortable to move around and not attracting any undesirable attention from the nobles and commoners alike.

He had gotten those male clothes prepared beforehand, just for the sake of going into the city to play. Zheng Mo patted Jian Yu's shoulder.

"Can we go now? To the festival?"

"Oh. Alright...."

Walking towards the centre of the Capital City, they noticed that the commoners were wearing colorful, bright clothes. And the streets were rather overcrowded. The four of them tried to squeeze in along with the crowds. Zheng Mo grabbed onto Zheng Ci's hand and pulled him along as the crowds seemed to be rushing towards the other end of the street.

"Ci ge, grab tightly. We wouldn't want to get separated in this situation."

"Huh? Oh, alright!!"

Zheng Ci held on tightly. He was being pushed around as he walked to the area with less crowd. Reaching there, he blinked his eyes, looking at Zhi, whose hand he was holding onto in a tight interlock. And Zheng Mo was not around with them.

"Whew, we've finally came out now.... Ci ge, are you alright? Why is your hand so rough and sweaty? Eh?!"

Zheng Mo turned around, finding that the person he thought he was holding onto was Zheng Ci, had turned out to be Jian Yu. His eyes widened, as he was taken aback by the sight of his hand holding onto Jian Yu's. He immediately released his hand in the next second. Jian Yu's face twitched uncontrollably. He was really innocent in this. Zheng Mo was the one that grabbed onto the wrong person earlier.

"Where is my brother??"

***

"Aren't we going to look for them?"

"I don't think there's a need to look for them. They'll come to us instead."

"Oh."

"Why don't we go enjoy the festivity instead, Ci..... Little Ci. I can call you that, right?"

Zheng Ci nodded. His face had a little red lush to it. Not knowing why, Zhi felt light and happy, with just watching him. Zhi smiled, as he continued to hold the soft hand in interlock position as Zheng Ci doesn't seemed to mind it. The two strolled around, and found an interesting stall was having an event ongoing.....

A/N: will be continuing to update tomorrow or Monday. ヾ(≧▽≦*)o