Chapter 27

His eyes flashed past the group of imperial physicians. Then only Jian Ze realized, it was due to the sole reason that the imperial physicians were still waiting on the side, waiting for his order, that Zheng Ci would insist on hiding within the blanket. He dismissed them immediately at once. Jian Ze looked at the person who was still hiding within the blanket. He sat down, leaning over, speaking as softly as he could, so close to Zheng Ci, as he tried to comfort him.

"They're gone, my sweet little Cici. Don't be angry anymore, alright? It's all my fault. Are there any parts on your body that are uncomfortable? Let your hubby take a look at it. Alright?"

Zheng Qian Feng found it nauseating, hearing the Great Emperor's continuous whispering so softly to Zheng Ci. The sulking Zheng Ci pouted his lips as he timidly peeked out of the blanket. Like a pure white furred little kitty hiding in. Jian Ze couldn't restrain himself from smiling. It only took him a look at his beloved Zheng Ci, which smoothened his frowns.

Why do men always have to say such embarrassing words? Zheng Qian Feng remembered how their Father Emperor had a soft-spoken voice when he was trying to coax their Mother Empress. Do I even have to do such shameful thing in the future too?

He found it rather disturbing to continue to look at this pair of lovebirds and turned to leave the room by himself. Behind him, Jian Yu silently followed along.

"Ci ge have changed. I've never seen Ci ge be showing so much of his expressions. He'd never even show us that part of him, wanting to be pampered and comforted. It seems he really do like this man. Even Crown Prince Yi ge have changed. He knew we can't really keep our Ci ge for eternity after all. Perhaps... It's time, for me to change as well. I'll grow up, to be someone who can protect our country and Ci ge."

Jian Yu silently trod on his path, discreetly watching over the young Yan Prince. Until he saw him entered his room, then only he heaved a sigh and left. He was worried for Zheng Qian Feng, as it seemed that the boy was a little too attached to Zheng Ci, his older sibling.

The day of coronation soon arrived. Zheng Ci was donned beautifully. A magnificent piece of golden crown placed on his head. His robes made by the best tailors, from the best cloth with a red flaming Phoenix drawn on his hem. A beautiful smile hung on his face the second he stepped out of the imperial carriage. This day was the most spectacular coronation procession to be recorded in Great Qi's history, even more so than the Great Emperor's coronation himself.

The whole procession itself was a memorable scene for the citizens of Great Qi Empire, who had attended to witness the procession as the custom of their Empire. Unlike the former Great Emperors, surprisingly the current Great Emperor, Jian Ze descended from the seat on his throne when the future Great Empress was already halfway from their imperial carriage to the Court. The Great Emperor stopped before Zheng Ci, his image; especially handsome and gallant, and majestic looking in golden robes. Zheng Ci's eyes unconditionally laid on him, unwilling to be separated from the man. Jian Ze gave him a smile . Their hands locked together in a tight hold. While their feet slowly continued taking them along the way, towards the Great hall.

"Zhen's little Cici, what would you like for dinner?"

"...uhm....dumplings. Chen qie feel like having dumplings, your Majesty."

"Then Zhen will have the imperial kitchen to prepare it. Perhaps my little Cici would like to take a walk in the city with Zhen?"

"Mm!"

Zheng Ci was exhilarated. He hadn't thought that they would be able to go out to the city so soon. Jian Ze chuckled at his cute response. Right at the time they reached up to the throne, the court ministers simultaneously kneeled before them.