Chapter Two: Danvers Gazing

As Sam and Lena sit down on the bleachers in the school's gymnasium, someone caught the Luthor's eye. That someone is the lovely Kara Danvers. Holy shit, she looks hot, Lena thinks to herself. She remembers last year she had her golden hair grown out to her hips, almost her waist. Now that Kara got a short new haircut, she looked stunning. Her hair in curls, a little longer than her shoulder in length. Kara was wearing a light blue t-shirt, blue jeans, and a pair of black slip-on Vans with of course her cute, little, black glasses. Basic, but still something she looked amazing in.

Lena was taking it all in when Sam interrupted her gazing.

"Lena?" Sam asks as she nudges her side, hoping to get the girl's attention.

"Hmm?" Lena replied, not taking her eyes off Kara, unconsciously biting her lower lip.

"Lena, you're doing that thing again," she says, looking at her friend with a little smirk.

"What 'thing'? I don't have a thing," Lena replies defending herself, with a bit of her Ireland accent, finally giving Sam her attention.

"Oh, please there are a few things. One, you bite your lower lip unconsciously. Two, your accent comes out a bit more whenever you get defensive, or just talk about or talking to Kara in general. Three-"

"All right Arias, you got me. I have a few 'things,'" Lena replies with a small smile.

Lena looks back at Kara. She's laughing at something her group of friends were sharing. In her group there was of course her protective older sister Alex (who Sam had a crush on), Winn - the nerdy one, James - the photographer, Mike - the active one who played baseball, football and soccer, and Maggie - the somewhat shy one in the group, softhearted, but could stand up for herself if putting up a fight was necessary. Kara in the group was the fun one who had a bubbly personality, kind, caring, and sometimes could be a little nervous, but in a cute way. At least Lena thought so.

She turned back to Sam, who was looking at the other Danvers - Alex. "And you're still crushing on her too. At least I'm not going for the straight one," Lena remarks as she takes out her granola bar and starts eating it. Sam looks at her.

"Oh please, Kara's straight and you know it."

"No, actually I do know that she's not straight. Most likely bi. Have you seen the way she blushes a bit in the locker room when we have P.E.?" Lena asks.

"Now that I think about it, you're right."

"Oh darling, please I'm always right," Lena smirks as she finishes her bar.

"Not when it comes to getting your grades higher than me," Sam replies, with a smirk of her own.

"Samantha Arias how dare you! That was one semester!" Lena says in a little surprised tone, not knowing that her friend would play that card.

"Step your game up, Luthor," Sam says teasingly.

Lena shakes her head and looks back at Kara again.

"Lena, she's your friend, right? If you tell her how you feel, she'll understand. What's the worst that could happen?"

The raven-haired teenager looked at her best friend with a little cold look. "I'm a Luthor, Sam. Most people get away from me as soon as possible when they learn my last name. Thankfully, neither you or her have done that." Realizing that Sam looked a little tense, she looked away and shook her head. "I'm sorry, Sam. Sometimes it's just a little habit. Getting a bit cold on people."

Sam rubs her friend's back, comfortingly. "Hey, I'm your best friend. I'm used to your little habits. Some of them are cute, too. And don't worry, I'm not going anywhere."

Lena smiles a small smile at her. "Thanks, Sam."

Sam smiles back at her, then sees something out of the corner of her eye, automatically looking up. "But someone is, right towards us," she says with a grin on her face.

Lena looks up and sees...

A/N Hi guys! I hope you all are enjoying this series so far! Sorry about the cliffhangers I sometimes just can't help myself ;) until next time!

Lj