Chapter Twenty: Soccer Date

After changing into her sweatpants and getting the soccer ball from her house, Lena and Kara walked their way to the field at their school up the street.

"Do you know much about soccer, Kar?" Lena asked as they got to one side of the field with the goal.

"Try to get it in the goal without getting hurt in the process?" Kara asked with her voice getting higher.

Lena laughs a bit. "Pretty much," she says as she balances the ball on her knee, then bounces it back and forth with her other knee.

"Showoff," Kara grumbles. 

Lena grins and puts the ball down. "Okay let's start with the basics then."

"I'm going to show you how to control the ball first." She gets behind her so that she can see her feet. "Okay, so you want to angle your foot like this." She shows her foot near the ball, and Kara follows. "Good." She holds Kara's hands, making them both smile. "So you want to control it with the inside of your feet while making it go forward. For now, just try to go back and forth."

Kara does as she says and slowly goes back and forth. "Alright, good start. Go a little forward." Lena lets go of her left hand and holds her right while Kara focuses and goes forward, controlling the ball.

"Great start. Now, we'll work on passing and kicking."

After a while, Kara starts to kick into the goal. Lena leans against the pole and gets the ball for her every time she gets it in. "You're doing great, babe. You're almost a natural," Lena says, crossing her arms.

"Is someone jealous?" Kara asks, stepping towards her.

"What do I have to be jealous of?"

"My cuteness," Kara says grinning.

"Yeah, I guess that's something that makes you, you." Lena grabs Kara and pulls her close. "Then again, I am pretty good looking if I do say so myself."

"I guess you're not that bad," Kara says still grinning.

"Mhmm, I could say the same about you." Lena puts her arms around Kara's neck and kisses her slowly and leans into her. She bites Kara's lip and looks up at her. "Yeah, you're not that bad."

Kara chuckles a bit. "You wanna go get something to drink?"

"Yeah, sounds great. I need some apple cider to warm me up."

Kara gets the soccer ball, links her arm through Lena's, and they slowly make their way to the coffee shop. Lena rests her head on Kara's shoulder. "So what'd you think of soccer?"

"It's nice I like it. You're way better, though."

"I know I am," Lena smirks. "I can't wait for the season to start in the spring."

"And I can't wait to see you play." Kara looks down and smiles at her.

"And when the team wins, you'll take me out for ice cream," Lena says as she looks up and smiles.

"And I have no doubt that you'll win." Kara kisses her forehead as she opens the door for them.

Kara gets a peppermint tea and Lena gets her warm apple cider. Kara pays for both of them, and they walk back to their neighborhood together, drinks in hand.

Lena wraps her free hand around Kara's waist. "Thank you for today, Kar. And yesterday. Just, everything this weekend," Lena says.

"You're welcome, Lena. I just wanted you to have a great birthday surrounded by your friends."

"Well, I did. Thank you, truly. I appreciate you, darling." Lena kisses Kara's cheek, which makes her smile and blush. 

"Again, you're very welcome, babe. It made you happy, and that's how I like my girlfriend. Happy."

They get to Lena's front door and the two stand in front of each other. "Even though you're better than me, I had a really great time with you, Lee." She passes Lena her ball.

"I always have a great time with you, Kar." She kisses her. "Let me know when you get home so I know you're okay."

"Mm, okay cautious girlfriend."

"Hey, I care about you. A lot, and you know that. So as I said, let me know when you get home."

"Alright, alright. See you Monday?"

"As always." They kiss one more time, and Kara heads up the street with Lena looking at her.

Man, that girl is amazing, Lena thinks to herself as she bites her lip and smiles. She turns around and opens the door, going inside. She puts her ball down and sips her cider. After taking off her jacket and shoes, she goes towards the stairwell. She feels her pocket vibrate and takes out her phone.

Kara: I'm back at home, safe and sounds. U happy?

Lena shakes her head and smiles.

Lena: Very. I want my girlfriend in one piece.

She heads up the stairs as she gets another text from Kara.

Kara: I am in one piece and I miss u already

Lena: I miss you too. Even after spending 24 hours with you, I still miss you.

Kara: Hahaha very funny. Eliza wants help with dinner so I'm going to help her. Bye Lee❤️

She enters her room, smiling at the last text. She looks up and drops her phone on the carpet, her smile immediately disappearing and replaced by a shocked face with her mouth slightly agape.

"Hello sister," Lex says with a smile on his face.

A/N: Oh woww did not see that coming (jk I'm the author and ik what I'm doing haha). What does Lex want? We'll seeeee.

Love, Lj