Chapter Nineteen: Uno to the Death

"Cocky Sam. Not your best suit when it comes to games. We saw that last night," Lena says getting Uno out.

"This is different," Sam says sitting down. "Uno is my game. Scrabble is yours. Kara's is..." She trails off, looking at Kara for her answer.

"Monopoly or Chinese checkers."

Sam nods. "Exactly. So, with that being said, let's start." 

Lena shuffles the cards and deals. She picks the card off the top pile- a green 5. "Let the games begin." 

<><><><>

"Uno!" Kara said quickly. She laid down a blue number 7. The girls were on their seventh game. It was tied 3-3. Lena won two and Kara one of their games combined. This last game is tense.

All the girls had one card left. 

Kara had a blue 4. It looks like the cards are in her favor if the color consists to be blue after Lena's turn.

Lena had a red 9. She sighed as she got an extra card, looking at Sam.

Sam threw her blue skip card down. "Uno out! Ha! I win!" She's grinning from ear to ear. "Which means you," Sam says, pointing to Lena, who has a little sneer on her face. "Have to bake me two dozen cookies!"

"A deal's a deal. Fine, you'll get your cookies over the next week," Lena says, collecting the cards and putting them back in the container.

"Mhmm. I can already taste them with victory frosting."

"If I decide to be nice, I won't make oatmeal raisin," Lena says grinning.

"You wouldn't. That's disgusting." Sam's face twists into disgust. "Fruits shouldn't be in cookies. Is a raisin even a fruit? It just looks like a shriveled finger."

"You like grapes, right?" Kara asks.

"Yeah, why?"

"Raisins are just dried out grapes," Kara explains.

"Hey, I thought Lena was the smartass here."

"Just because I'm the smart ass doesn't mean Kara or you can't have smarts either," Lena says, defending her girlfriend.

"Thank you, Lee." 

Just as Lena nods, a car horn honks outside, everyone's heads turning to the door at the sound. "That'd be my mom," Sam says getting up and getting her bag.

"We'll walk you out," Kara says, grabbing her phone and Lena's bag.

"Babe, gimme my bag."

"Lena, it's fine I got it."

"Darling, I'm perfectly capable of carrying my own bag."

Kara rolls her eyes as they all go down the stairs. "One day you're gonna let me carry your stuff." Lena ignores her and grabs her bag from Kara as they grab their light jackets from the front of the door. "Mom, we're leaving and I'm gonna hang out with Lena!" Kara calls out.

Eliza comes from the living room and to the three girls. "It was so nice meeting you two. I hope to see you both soon."

"Oh, you betcha. Thanks for havin' me," Sam says grinning.

"Thank you as well. I live just down the street, so you'll see me around," Lena says.

"I have no doubt about that." Eliza smiles at both of them, then hugs her daughter. "I'll send Alex out if you're not home before sunset. And Lena's a keeper," she whispers the last part.

Kara rolls her eyes and grins. She pulls away from the embrace and opens the door, letting Sam and Lena go out first. "Bye Mom." Kara shuts the door and follows Lena and Sam.

"Bye Sam! See you Monday," Kara says as Sam opens the car door to put her bag in.

"Thanks for this Kara. This is definitely happening again. Happy B-day, Lena. Later guys." Sam hugs both of them, then gets in the car, and it drives off, leaving Lena and Kara standing there together.

Kara holds out her arm. Lena chuckles and grins as she takes it and loops her arm through Kara's.

"You're a dork."

"And you're a nerd."

"Who just happens to be your girlfriend that you're about to go on a date with," Lena says, looking at her.

"Well, then you're my nerdy girlfriend who I'm going on a date with."

"And you're my dorky girlfriend who's ass I'm going to beat at soccer." Lena kisses her cheek as they walk towards the Luthor house.

A/N: Alrighttt we finished Uno to the Death and wowowowowww over 500 reads?!?!?? That's insane. Thank you all for the support I truly appreciate it!!

Love, Lj