Chapter Twenty-Three: I Surrender

**WE'RE TIME SKIPPIN TO BEFORE CHRISTMAS BREAK ERRYONE!! WHY? BECAUSE I SAID SO, DEAL WITH IT!** jk I love you guys, but fr, time skip to Christmas

It was now winter. The crisp, cool air, was replaced with cold with some chills. Hot chocolates, winter coats, beanies, hats, scarves, and winter boots were now broken out and being used.

Today on the day before Christmas break, Lena was wearing thick black pants, a black and gray 3/4 sleeved shirt underneath her gray winter coat with black boots on her feet. She walked up the hill to the entrance of the building, looking down and listening to her music.

She walked in the door and walked towards the gym doors to see Kara and Sam leaning against either side of the door, making small talk. Kara was wearing navy blue leggings, and a dark blue and gray hoodie over her shirt with a blue scarf, sneakers and a black beanie with her jacket over her arms. Across from her, Sam was wearing a white blouse with black pants, as well as a black jacket over it and black flats on her feet.

Lena walked through the door and took out her earbuds. "There are my two favorite people." She loops her arms through their's, pulling them close and kisses Kara. "Hi, girls."

"Hi." Kara kisses her again.

"Someone seems chipper this morning. What's goin' on, Luthor?" Sam asks, looking at her with her eyes wide, as she's barely ever seen her best friend like this.

"I have an idea," Lena says with a smile on her face.

"Oh God, that's never good," Sam and Kara both mutter. Lena goes back and forth with her eyes wide and her mouth slightly open. The two girls on her either side grin at each other and burst out laughing at her expression, letting go of her arms, doubling over.

"Okay okay, what did you want to tell us, Lee?" Kara asks after they've collected themselves.

She grabs Kara's hand and laces their fingers in between hers. "So since both of you are staying here for Christmas, do you want to come to the holidays and New Year gala my mother always holds each year?"

"Lena, those things are huge. Are you sure your mother would let us come?" Sam asks.

Lena shrugs in response. "Eh, she'll be too busy making deals and talking up a crowd. Just wear something nice, say you're with Lena Luthor if I'm not at the door. I'll make sure we have some sparkling apple cider instead of champagne-"

"Hey, I'm not complaining at a bit of alcohol." Sam grins mischievously.

"This- this is what I meant for being the most mischievous in the group," Kara points at Sam who just puts her hands in her pockets, shrugs and grins more.

"Anyways, there'll be appetizers, and yes Kara, if you come I'll get potstickers. Just don't eat 'em all."

"You, are the best girlfriend ever." Kara puts a hand on her cheek and kisses her.

Lena shrugs. "I try my best." She grins as she pulls Kara in by the waist. Lena says to Kara quietly, "I want to kiss you so much, but not here." Kara's eyebrows go up and the ends of her mouth slowly go into a small grin. "I know a place."

"I surrender to you," Kara whispers back, grinning, putting her forehead against Lena's, making her grin as well.

"Hey," Sam interrupts. "Best friend standing right here."

Lena looks up at her. "Sam, Kara needs help on a project. She wanted to get it done early with, so that's why I came early. So we'll see you later." Lena winks and smile as she grabs Kara's hand as Sam waves goodbye, and the two walk out the doors. Lena leads Kara by her hand to the end of a hallway where the abandoned computer lab was.