Chapter Fourteen: Surprise!

Lena sees Maggie, Winn, James, Alex, and Kara were all standing at her locker with their own gifts in hand. Kara standing front and center with a cupcake in a plastic container.

"Surprise!!!" They all say loudly. 

"Guys, how did you know...? Why would you do this for me?" Lena asks, still in shock.

"Well, no one here knew your birthday. So Kara asked ya tech genius boy here," Winn says, pointing to himself, smiling. "That's-that's me, to hack into the school database and get your birthday, and we did! So in about two days or less, we got gifts and managed to keep it a secret from you. Well I mean we can all keep secrets minus Kara. I'm surprised that she managed, really."

Kara's eye roll at Winn's comment while everyone laughed. "Anyways, we just did all of this because we care for you, and we're your friends. And friends are family."

Lena's eyes start to water a bit. "You guys, thank you. This means a lot to me. I never celebrated my birthday with friends before. So, thank you all."

Kara puts down her gift and cupcake and walks up to Lena. "Happy fifteenth, Lee," she says before wrapping her in a hug, then kissing her forehead.

"Okay, we're all gettin' in on this. Group hug, everybody!" Winn exclaims.

They all surround Lena and Kara and give them a big group hug. After they embrace, they all put Lena's gifts in a big bag, then everyone says 'happy birthday' to Lena and head to their classes. Sam and Kara stay behind.

Kara picks up the cupcake. "So Sam and I were thinking-"

"Oh God, that's never good," Lena chuckles as she opens her locker to put her bag of gifts in.

They both roll their eyes at her then grin. "Anyways," Sam says, continuing for Kara. "Kara and I were thinking we could have a girls night. Just us."

"That sounds like an excellent idea. Tonight? My place?"

"We were thinking of my place. Alex is going with Maggie to one of her friend's place to have a movie night and a sleepover, and Jeremiah is on a business trip. Eliza's fine with it, and she can order take out and pizza so we'd be all set. So if you want to, you guys could sleep over."

"A sleepover with my two best friends? Hell yeah, I'm in," Lena says excitedly, closing her locker shut, then grabbing the cupcake from Kara. "What about you, Sam?"

"Just need to get stuff from home, tell my mom, and your address, too," Sam says while she looks at her phone.

"Right, I'll send that before class," Kara says as she pushes her glasses up.

"Okay, cool. I'm gonna call my mom now so I'll see you guys in a bit." Sam walks away towards their first period, leaving Kara and Lena together to catch up to her.

Lena takes a bite of her cupcake then puts her arm through Kara's. "Come here, you amazing girlfriend, you," she says grinning, pulling her close.

Kara laughs a bit then smiles. "I think you're the amazing one."

"Right now, you're the amazing one cause you actually kept a secret, and you did this for me."

Kara blushes and looks down. "I'd do anything for you, Lee," she says as she fidgets with her glasses. 

"Aw, Kara." Lena blushes then stops and turns towards her. "You mean it?"

"I mean it."

"So does that include kissing me and coming over after school?" Lena asks as she leans in.

"I'd kiss you if you didn't have frosting on your nose," Kara says as she chuckles.

Lena leans back a bit, blushing a bit more, turning her a little red.

Kara takes the frosting off her nose, then holds it up to Lena's mouth. "Who knew I have the capability to make you turn a shade of red."

Lena licks it off her finger. "Who knew I had the capability to make you my girlfriend," Lena smirks in return.

"Weren't you going to kiss me?"

"Hm, I'm not really sure. Care to remind me what I'm supposed to do?"

Kara grins. "Gladly." Kara leans towards Lena, cupping her cheek and kisses her. She pulls back, resting her forehead on Lena's. "Good enough reminder for ya, Miss Luthor?"

"I think I need another one," Lena replies before she holds one of Kara's hips with one hand, pulling her close and kissing her again. "Oh, that's what I was supposed to do," Lena says as she and Kara chuckle together.

Kara holds Lena's hand as they keep walking. "So you want me to come over when we're gonna spend the night together?"

Lena bites her cupcake then swallows before speaking. "I mean the more time I get to spend with you, the better. After all, it is my birthday, so I'd like to be around my friends as much as possible," Lena says as she thinks back to her previous birthdays. The only thing she did was play video games with Lex and they'd share a cupcake together. Her eyes start to water at the thought of it.

Kara noticed almost immediately. "Lena, what's wrong?"

"It's nothing. It's just the fact that this has been the best birthday I've ever had. When I was with Lex, all we did was play video games and eat a small cupcake together. He always got a new car, or a new computer, or something expensive. It was obvious who was more favored." Lena wipes away the water in her eyes with her sleeve.

"Lee, you're worth so much more than video games and a small cupcake. You deserve it all, and not get judged when people hear your last name."

Lena smiles at her girlfriend. "Thank you, Kar."

"Of course. Now finish your cupcake before we go in," she says as they arrive at their class, seeing Sam waiting for them at the door.

"Enjoy your surprise, Lena?" Sam asks.

Lena finishes her cupcake. "Oh, you have no idea." Lena grins as they all walk in their class together.

A/N: Yoooo sorry for the bit of delay I made like a two part thingy for Lena's birthday. Hope you all like it! Thank you so much for all the support!

Love Lj