Chapter Twenty-Six: Who's the Best?

Late in the morning, almost early afternoon, Lena woke up on Kara's chest in her room. She shifts her body, puts her hand on Kara's bare chest and buries her face deep into the crook of her neck, nuzzling her neck slightly with her nose. A minute or two later, she feels warm arms wrap around her torso. "I like waking up next to you," Kara says in a husky early morning voice.

"Likewise. Good morning, sweetheart." Lena kisses her jaw.

Kara kisses her forehead in return. "Good morning, beautiful."

Lena lays her head back down and traces random patterns on Kara's chest. "I need to sleep over more."

"But you have so much work to do before you go off to college."

"I'll always make time for you. Plus, we can do more of what we did last night if I stay over more."

Kara chuckles and pulls Lena close and hums in agreement. "I'd like that."

Lena kisses her chest, feeling how smooth and soft it is and drags her fingers along her breasts, making Kara shudder a bit. "Well, in that case, I'll need to get my work done faster on Fridays, which should be no problem."

Kara slightly leans over her, making her golden hair fall over her shoulders. She kisses her lips. "You're so intelligent. I love you."

Lena kisses her back. "I love you, too."

Kara hears movement and voices from downstairs. "We should probably get downstairs before Alex comes running in here with Maggie on her tail."

"She's not gonna come in here."

"How do you know?"

"Because I just do."

"Like I said, we should get downstairs."

Lena pushes her back down and lays halfway on top of her, her breasts slightly dangling. "Mmm, but I like it here with you. Especially when you're looking like quite the angel."

"You're just flirting with me so we can stay in bed longer."

Lena leans closer to her lips. "Oh, am I?" she rhetorically asks, grinning. She then whispers as her lips graze Kara's, "Didn't even notice."

Kara barely let Lena finish. Whenever she got close to her so that she could feel her warm breath, it was an instant turn on for Kara Danvers. She enveloped Lena in a deep kiss, pulling her fully on top of her by her torso, holding her hips tight, as if she was her life vest, never wanting to let go. They both fought restlessly in their kiss before Alex came barging in the room.

She knocks on the door, but the two are too occupied to even notice. "Kara! Mom wants you and Lena downstairs to- Jesus fucking Christ!"

The two girls immediately separate and Lena gets off of Kara to go to her right, both of them sitting up and pulling the covers up to cover their chests. "Alex! What the hell?" Kara hisses at her.

Maggie pops her head in from behind Alex and grins. "Awww yeah! Score one for Little Danvers!"

"Really?" Kara puts her arm up and lets it fall back down to her side. "You, too?"

Alex puts her hands up in surrender. "Hey, she just followed me like a puppy. Anyways, what I was trying to say was that you guys need to eat. Now get your asses off each other and come on." Alex leaves. Maggie smiles and flashes a thumbs up before she closes the door and follows her.

The two girls both sigh a breath a relief they didn't know they've been holding. Lena looks at Kara, who has a smirk on her face as she's looking at her, and she sighs again. "Say it."