Chapter Twenty-One: Luthors Reunited

"Hello sister," Lex says, smiling, sitting on her bed.

Lena tries to get words out of her mouth, but nothing comes out. Her mouth just trying to find words, but not finding any. It took her a minute to comprehend what was going on and what to say before deciding on, "H-H-How are you even here now? Software recognition is running everywhere right now, looking for you." 

"Think about it. I'm smart, a trickster and-"

"And a cold-blooded murderer," Lena interrupts sharply. 

"I was going to say 'a Luthor,' but that's in the description now, I guess," Lex shrugged.

"What do you want, Lex?"

"How's your girlfriend? What's her name... Kara Danvers?"

Lena's mouth goes slightly agape again. "How the hell could you know about that? You haven't been around in years."

He shrugs again. "I have my sources. She seems like a great girl. You two finally got together. I'm happy for you. Though, if Mother finds out"-- Lex points at her in a warning way --"then she will not."

"Yeah, I'm completely aware of her homophobia. As well as her related astrophobia and xenophobia when it comes to aliens. Come to think of it, reminds me of you too."

Lex frowns at her comment. "I tried, honestly. Then, I did what I had to do."

"Why the hell are you here?"

"I suggest you keep Kara around for a while."

"That's my intention, she's my girlfriend."

"But she won't be if Mother finds out."

"What's your point, Lex?" Lena asks, getting impatient, crossing her arms.

"Here's the deal- you're about to be promoted to senior year."

"Wait, what?"

"You're a kid with great grades since elementary school and super intelligent. It should get around to you Monday, Tuesday. Anyway, it'll be your last year, and you're obviously gonna get invited to a bunch of colleges. When Mother finds out,-- which she will --she's going to look into all this. So just, be careful, okay Lena?"

"I don't understand, why are you helping me?" Lena asks with her brow furrowed in confusion.

"Because you're my little sister and I love you."

"If you loved me, you wouldn't have tried to murder Superman and murder countless of innocent lives, and actually stick around and be the big brother you're supposed to be."

"Lena, you don't understand," Lex says as he gets up towards her. "Supers and aliens are going to take over this planet at some point. We should get rid of them while we have the chance. We can do it together. With your science and engineering skills, and our intelligence combined, you, me and mother can stop them once and for all." 

Lena backs away from him. "They haven't done anything bad yet. We can't be reckless and just try and kill every alien."

"That's why I was trying to go with the biggest of them all first."

"You're crazy if you think you can do it. I would say insane, but that's already been proven." Lena sips her cider, which has gotten a bit cold.

Lex's lips tighten. "Okay, Lena. Don't say I didn't warn you."

"Goodbye, Lex. If you need some help finding the door I'd be happy to show you out."

He walks to the door and stops at the frame. "When they take over, you'll be thinking why you'd been so stupid and why you didn't help me." He leaves, going out the back door.

Lena sighs a breath of relief, not knowing she had been holding it in. "Well that was unpleasant," she said to herself. She picked up her phone and puts it on her desk. She throws herself on her bed, replaying everything that had just happened.