Chapter Twenty-Nine: Somewhere Only We Know

**Again, sorry not sorry for all the big time skips, but TIME SKIP TO MAY**

Also, 1) yell at me all you want in the comments for you Hamilton nerds. I'm one too, but that's how it went and 2) play the song while someone's singing

It was the almost the last week of May. The third Friday of May, to be precise. Lena wanted to do something special for Kara before prom. Lena's mind was on that one thing and one thing only. Prom was scheduled for next Friday- the first of June. She'd gotten asked to the dance by a few guys, but she declined them all. She wanted to take only one person to her senior promotion. And that person was no one other than Kara Danvers herself. She sat in class, not paying attention as per usual. She thought of what she could do, and it came to her. Lena smiled, thinking of the place and her plan. Kara would love it.

"Ms. Luthor?"

Lena looked up, out of her daze. "Hm? Oh, yes?"

"Who shot first: Hamilton or Burr?"

"Hamilton did. Even though he had his spectacles on, some say he missed his shot on purpose. Then Burr shot him right between his ribs. Alexander died 31 hours later."

The teacher nodded. "Well done."

Lena exhaled deeply. Thankfully, I know this subject very well. History has it's eyes on me.

Once Lena got home, she got to preparing something special for her and Kara. After she finished a couple hours later and puts it in the trunk of her car, she shot off a text.

Lena: Come over. I have a surprise for you.

Kara💕💕: Be there in 5

Just as promised, Kara came walking down the street and arrived at the front door where Lena was waiting. Kara smiled. "Hey, babe."

Lena smiled back as she got up from the ground and kissed her nose. "Hi, Kar. You"-- she grabs her hand and leads her to the car in the garage. --"are coming with me."

"I thought you weren't old enough to drive a car," Kara says from the passenger seat.

"My family has its ways. Plus, where we're going is somewhere special. It'll take a while to get there, so you can rest." Lena backs out of the garage and goes to the direction of the highway.

Kara raises an eyebrow. "You sure, Lee?"

Lena glances at her out the corner of her eye, then flicks it back to the road. "Positive. Now relax."

"Okay." Kara sat back further and looked out the window, seeing cars and roads fly by. She soon fell asleep.

Lena looked at her out the corner of her eye again and smiled. She lightly hummed a song that was soon going to be part of her plan shortly.

"Kara. Karaaa," Lena drawled out, rubbing her shoulder. "Babe, come on."

Kara opened her eyes to see it was almost completely dark outside before she turns to Lena. "Lee, where are we?"

Lena smiled. "Get out the car and you'll see." She got out and walked to the front of the car and almost out of her sight.

Kara stretched in her seat, then got out. Once she got to the front of the vehicle, she gasped. "Lena, what is all this?" Kara asked, smiling.

Lena smiles as she takes her hand and led her to a picnic blanket and basket near a river, lit by the moon, plentiful stars, and a couple of candles with a speaker playing soft music. The moon shone brightly on the water and revealed pebbles all around the bay of the river.