Chapter Five: Thunder and Lighting Strike

A/N This beginning is just a little continuation from the end of chapter four:

"So what did you want to talk about this morning, Kara?"

"Well, um, over the summer, I re-realized s-s-something," Kara says, flustered as she adjusts her glasses.

Lena turns to Kara, takes her glasses off and puts them next to the glasses with water so that Kara doesn't fidget with them. She takes both of Kara's hands with her own and rubs them with her thumbs so that she can calm down, and not fidget with her hands as well. "Honey, whatever it is you want to tell me, I'm here for you. Always."

Kara nods and takes a deep breath. "Okay. Over the summer I realized that I'm..." The Danvers hesitates for a moment, then finally looking up at the Luthor in her emerald eyes. "I'm bisexual."

"Oh Kara, honey that's great! Have you told your family and you- our friends?" Lena asks in query.

"Oh, umm well no one else except you, and uh, A-Alex kinda figured it out, and I told her why I was bisexual."

Lena nods her head, encouraging her to continue.

Kara looks down at their hands, still holding each other's. "I started thinking of someone."

"Really? If you don't mind me asking, who?"

Kara looks up at her, tilting her head a bit.

"I mean if you don't want to tell me that's- that's okay I understand if you do-"

Lena was cut off as Kara kissed her. Lena was extremely surprised and caught off guard by this, but kissed her back, letting one of her hands go to hold Kara's waist.

Kara pulled away and put her forehead against Lena's. "You're adorable when you're flustered," Kara says as she smiles, putting a strand of Lena's hair behind her ear.

"So I'm guessing that person was me," Lena says in a statement, not really as a question because she's pretty sure what the answer was.

"Yeah. I knew you liked me at the end of April till now. And over the summer I started thinking of you and developed feelings for you."

"Well that makes two of us," Lena says as she smiles at Kara.

Kara smiles back and cups one of Lena's cheek. "Yeah, I guess it does," Kara says in a whisper before leaning in to kiss her again. When their lips were grazing each other's, thunder and lightning stroke outside. Kara jumped up at the sounds, then curls into a ball as it starts to rain.

"Hey, hey come here, Kara," Lena says softly as she moves towards the human Kara-ball. She wraps her arms around her, pulling her close. "The thunderstorm isn't going to hurt you. I've got you. You're safe."

Kara puts her head into Lena's chest, inhaling her scent that smelled of lavender. "Can I stay the night here? I don't want to go home when it's like this," Kara asks in a muffled voice.

"As long as it's okay with Alex and your mom, then I would love nothing more than your company."

"You know what I'd love?"

"What?" Lena asks and looks down at the girl.

Kara looks up at Lena and grins a bit. "You and me cuddling so that I feel safe in your arms, watching movies, eating pizza, potstickers and ice cream."

"I can't think of anything better. Just make sure its okay with your family first, I'll order the food, and find you some sweatpants, a t-shirt and a hoodie you can wear tonight. There's a couple tubs of ice cream in the freezer that we can eat later."

"Thanks, Lee," Kara says, quickly kissing her lips. "I'll go ask now."

"And I'll order and get clothes."

"Perfect," Kara says with a smile, sitting up to reach for her glasses.

Lena reaches and holds her hand. "No, keep them off, you look adorable without them. Especially your eyes," Lena says, trying to persuade her.

Kara looks at Lena. Her emerald eyes that she just noticed has a bit of gold and brown in them. She couldn't say no to them.

"All right, I'll keep them off for you. If you let down your hair," Kara says with a little grin on her face.

"Awww, but I like it up like this, it looks cute," Lena says pouting a bit.

"You look cuter with your hair down. In my opinion, kinda hot," Kara says, looking down and biting her lip.

Lena bites her lip as well. "Kara Danvers, are you flirting with me?" She asks, with a bit of surprise in her voice. Kara's never been flirtatious before.

Kara leans towards her lips, hers almost grazing Lena's. Kara says in a whisper, "Maybe. Let the hair down or I'll put the glasses back on."

Lena kisses her, pulls away and sighs in defeat. She pulled out a hair tie and a few bobby pins to let her raven hair fall down, down a little bit longer than shoulder length. "Happy?"

"I'd be happier if I was cuddling with you after eating some food."

"Talk to Alex, then I'll order food."

"Deal."

Kara goes to get her phone from her bag, then calls Alex. While Kara does that, Lena receives a text from Sam.

Sam: How's everything going w/Kara?

Lena: Everything's great I'll talk to you about it tomorrow morning

Sam: Why not now??? :(

Lena: Cause I wanna see the shocked yet impressed look on your face when I tell you what happened

Sam: Oh, so she's still there?

Lena: Yes, and I will tell you about it in the morning. I've gotta go now. Sleep good tonight, I'll see you in the morning

Sam: Have fun with Karaaaa

Lena shakes her head and smiles at her friend's last message, just as Kara got off the phone with her older sister.

"Alex said I could stay the night, and to walk with you to school in the morning."

"That's great, just more time to spend with you," Lena grins.

"Sooooo, food?" Kara asks excitedly.

"I'll order the food and have it delivered cause there's no way we're going out right now," Lena says as it keeps pouring, and some thunder strikes, causing Kara to jump. Lena gets off the bed and hugs her tight, Kara doing the same. "Give me a minute to order the food, then I'll give you clothes, and then we can find something to watch. Sound good?"

Kara nods her head, liking the feel of Lena's vibration from her voice when she talks.