$4

Jersey flickered on the lights to the tattoo parlor as Gavin and I trailed behind her. The whole building brightened and was just how we left it the night previous. Jersey walked up front to stare out at the busy street through the front window while Gavin went to his station. Walking up front, I took a seat behind the desk in front of the computer. Jade didn't really teach me anything special about the computer, except for how to insert appointments into a spreadsheet. I turned on the machine so it could be up and running for whoever to use it when they needed to. Watching as the screen loaded up, I was spooked when I felt the presence of someone in front of me. I looked up to see Jersey staring down at me. "What did Jade teach you yesterday," she asked as she leant against the counter.

"She taught me the names of the equipment like the tattoo machine, the ink and she told me some of the slang you guys use when you need certain things. She showed me where the supplies room was, and gave me a quick tutorial on how to insert appointments," I answered. The computer made a loud noise which made me jump out of my seat. Jersey laughed at my timid nature and my cheeks flushed. It wasn't my fault that little things scared me. I admit that I'm a bit of a spaz. When something fall or breaks, I start freaking out. I turned the volume on the computer before it could make any other loud noise that would cause me to nearly pee myself.

Jersey walked over to my side of the desk and stood behind me. I could smell the intoxicating fragrance that she wore. It was faint, subtle smell that I couldn't quite put my finger on. It reminded me of the cologne Alfie wore, but he always put on way too much. I hated being around him when he sprayed the bottle on himself because the smell would invade my nostrils and lungs and make me gag. But, Jersey had put on just a right amount. It took a lot in me not to just grab her shirt, and inhale it like a psychopath. All of a sudden Jersey leant over, and put her hand on top of mine, which was situated on the mouse. I looked down at her soft, small hand. Jersey had long, skinny fingers with tattoos on both her upper and lower knuckles. On her upper knuckles, each finger had a letter, and put together it spelled WILD in capital letters in a Western like font. Her lower knuckles were cute symbols such as a small bow and arrow on her index finger, a skull and bones on her middle finger, a heart filled in with red ink on her ring finger and a cross on her pinky finger. I watched as she moved the mouse with her hand on top of mine and clicked with her index finger. I was so intoxicated by her smell and her decorated fingers that I didn't even care she was doing on the computer.

"I just want to show you our website. Jade went to college, and majored in computer science and made it for us. She usually fixes any technical difficulties, but we like to check at every hour or so. So, can you make sure you do that," Jersey asked me in a lazy voice. Her voice sounded a bit different. It wasn't her obnoxious New Jersey accent, it was more...foreign. I shook off the mystery of Jersey's voice and finally looked up at the screen for the website to the tattoo parlor. The name of the website was the exact name of the parlor. All the tattoo artists all looked completely badass in the background picture. Jersey was in the middle of everyone, standing out for she was the only one smiling. Her pearly white teeth shone as she held her hands out, and lifted her shoulders up in a basic 'I don't know' pose. Everyone else was in there pissed off look poses. Big Boy stood there with his fist slammed into his palm looking very intimidating. Enrique and Francisco were also intimidating factors with their mean faces on, and their shirtless bodies to show off just how many tattoos they had. Gavin even looked badass with a little smirk on his face beside Jersey. Most of all, what shocked me out of the rest, was my big brother Alfie. I never thought Alfie could look remotely threatening because of his kind personality, and sensitive nature but man, did my brother look badass. He had his mouth twisted up and his arms crossed. The rest of the tattoo artists were sticking up middle fingers, squinting their eyes at the camera and doing other obscene gestures, that you would think anyone would be too scared to even step foot into the tattoo shop.