$27

I rubbed my cheek as I walked over to the bowl of punch. Finley had slapped the shit out of me and I guess I couldn’t be mad at her. I should’ve kept my hands to myself, but that was just too hard to do. She was beautiful and I’ve missed her every day since she’d been gone. No one could replace her, and trust me, I’ve tried to replace her. Since Finley left, I was sleeping with a different woman just about every night. I was drinking way too much, and smoking anything I could get my hands on. It was horrible. The only person keeping me together was Gavin and he could barely control me.

I took a cup and poured some punch into it. I should probably lay off of the beer. So far I’ve drunken a couple of beers and that had left me with a stinging cheek. I heard someone clear their throat behind me and I turned around. I raised my brows as I looked from the blonde girl to Finley. A bit of a smirk formed on my face. Man, I couldn’t believe Finley was with this bitch. She was all dressed up as if we were at a church or in a five star restaurant. I looked her up and down. She definitely had money. The girl was giving me a once over also. She was probably disgusted by how many tattoos I had. “Jersey? Zen? Which one is it,” she asked properly. I scoffed before taking a sip from my cup.

“Jersey. Only Finley and my family can call me Zen.” The girl reached out her hand, not really caring about my statement. I took her hand and gave it a firm shake before taking it away. She sucked on her teeth as she just stared at me. “And you are?”

“Morgan.” I watched as Finley clung onto the girl’s arm. My insides were burning. I wanted to wipe that smug ass look off Morgan’s face. “Nice tattoos, Jersey. Finley and I were talking about getting matching tattoos together for our first tattoos. Do you think you’d be able to do it?” She had to be fucking with me. She obviously said that to make me angrier and she achieved, because I was pretty sure a vessel was going to pop in my neck. Before Finley left, she was talking about getting her first tattoo, which would obviously be done by me, but now she was getting matching tattoos with this Nancy Drew ass bitch.

I looked at Finley to see her looking anywhere but at me. Pressing my lips together, I thought about the next thing to say. Getting smart with Morgan wasn’t going to help my chances with Finley so I decided to just play nice. “I’d love to,” I replied simply.  I sat the tangy punch down and inspected the two. “What would you guys want?”

“We don’t know yet, but we’ll get in contact with you when we’re sure. Finley, here talked to some of your co-workers and they said Jade was in need of help. I’m sure Finley can come back to help her out. We need a bit of extra money.” This chick had something under her sleeve, but I didn’t know what it was. She was just so smug. Everything she said seemed to have some bigger meaning behind it. But if she wanted Finley to come back to work at the parlor and so did everyone else, then I was more than fine with it.

“If Finley’s willing to come back, I’ll be happy to hire her again.”

“She’ll take the job.”

“She can speak for herself.” Both Morgan and I looked at Finley for her answer. She slowly detached herself from Morgan and nodded slowly.

“I’ll come back.”

Before anything could be said, Finley’s mother announced that it was time to start the games. Anyone who wanted to participate had to go into the middle of the huge room. “You guys trying to get your ass whooped,” I asked Morgan and Finley. I didn’t even know what game we were going to be participating in, but I was up for a challenge.

Morgan smirked and nodded. “Bring it on, Zen.”

“Jersey.”

“Right. I’m sorry, Zen.” I gave the girl a death glare and Finley giggled at her girlfriend, before pulling her to the middle of the room. I rolled my eyes and followed behind the two. Finley’s mother and Jade’s mother were overly excited. They had the hugest smiles on their faces, I guess they couldn’t wait to be grandmothers. Jade was sitting at the table, looking as if she could go into labor at any second, and of course Alfie wouldn’t leave her side. The two eager mothers put us into a line, and they began picking us off in groups of two. I did some pre-counting to see who I was going to be paired up with, and I groaned when I noticed that Morgan was going to be my partner, and Finley was going to be partners with Gavin. Beside me, Holly was standing and talking to Jada.