$7

Finley

Jersey led me into a crowded family room where everyone was laughing, but also yelling at a football game that they were watching on the television. No one really paid attention as Gavin, Jersey and I walked in since they were so much into their conversations. Well, that was until a girl that looked almost identical to Jersey looked over to us. She had dark hair like Jersey but her hair was short and cut into a pixie hairstyle. The girl had a nose ring, but unlike Jersey, her body wasn't covered in tattoos. "Zen," the girl yelled as she ran over to us. She jumped on Jersey and they both fell down to the floor. "I've missed you so much," the girl squealed as she laid on top of Jersey. Jersey pushed the girl off as she laughed. Jersey stood up to her feet and reached her hand out to help the girl, but the girl just smacked Jersey's hand away and got up on her own. "Is that how you treat your little sister?"

"Luna, shut the fuck up," Jersey said to her sister. Luna paid no attention to Jersey and went to give a hug to Gavin. She then turned towards me and gave me a confused glare. The confused glare turned into a friendly smile and she reached her hand out to me.

"Hello, I'm Luna." Her eyes curt over to Jersey, who was standing awkwardly, back over to me. "Zen has never brought a girl over for dinner. Are you her girlfriend?" Jersey shook her hand, and I also shook my head frantically. "Oh, you're not? Well, that sucks. I guess Zen's still slutting it up, huh?"

Jersey pushed Luna away from me causing our hands to disconnect. "Luna, why don't you go bother someone else," Jersey asked in an annoyed tone. Luna frowned and scrunched up her eyebrows at her older sister. Jersey groaned and leant her head back.

"Well, excuse me. I haven't seen you in a week, Zen. The least you could do is act as if you like me," Luna said in a dramatic tone. She turned her back to Jersey and acted as if she was crying. Jersey rolled her eyes but turned her sister around to give her a hug. "Now you want to be nice." The girl pulled away from her sister's hug and turned back towards me. "And what's your name? Zen's obviously too rude to introduce one of her friends."

"Luna, that's Finley. Finley, that's my annoying little sister Luna." Luna was much like Jersey. She was loud, spontaneous, and she never stopped talking. Jersey introduced me to the rest of her family. There was her Uncle Rick, who was as drunk as a skunk. There was her Aunt Ida who continuously yelled at Jersey's drunk uncle. Then there was Nolan, Heather, and Devin, three of Jersey's cousins. The three looked like they were in high school at the least but I wasn't sure. After meeting Jersey's folks, her mom came in to announce that dinner was ready. All of her family ran towards the dining room, including Gavin, but Jersey stayed behind with me.

"I must warn you. My dad is quite a character. You'll have to excuse him if he says something that's offensive." I laughed at Jersey. "What's so funny?"

"You're the exact same. You don't care what you say. Just about everything that comes out of your mouth is offensive," I told her. We walked into the kitchen and took a seat at the table. I was between Jersey and her drunk uncle, Rick. Our plates were already prepared and when we approached the table and sat down, Jersey's mother gave us a smile. She was sitting beside a man that I hadn't seen yet, so I assumed he was Jersey's father. The man looked relatively young but then again so did Jersey's mother. He looked like he was fresh out of a '90s mobster flick. Our plates were covered with a bunch of food that I didn't even think I could eat all of. It smelled delicious and looked delicious but man was the plate in front of me piled up.

I looked around the table to see everyone eating and talking so I decided to dig in. The food was amazing and every bite I took felt like I was on could nine. "This is so good," I said halfway through the meal. Jersey's father looked over at me and gave me a small smile at the comment.