$20

“Hey! We’ve got ourselves a bad girl,” a middle aged officer yelled as Gordon escorted me back to a dark room. The only light coming in was the light coming through a large window, and beyond that large window was a small room. In the small room was a white wall with black lines that lined up with the height the line was. “What you get caught doing honey? A little prostitution. How much do you charge for a blowjob?” The middle aged officer laughed, and I gasped. How could he mistake me for a prostitute?

“Calm down, Lark,” Gordon warned the older man. “You can sit down, Miss Wood.” I sighed and sat down at a small black table and Gordon sat across from me. “Usually when we have fights like that, the other person decides not to press charges. I’m sorry that you’re in here, but hopefully someone will bail you out.” The officer gave me a soft smile before he pulled out his notepad again. “Now, I need to ask you a couple of questions.” I nodded. “Eye color?”

“Blue.”

“Hair color?”

“You tell me.”

Gordon looked up from his notepad and laughed softly. “I would say brown.” I nodded and he wrote the information down on his notepad. “Date of Birth?”

“November 15th, 1990.”

The officer looked at me with bright eyes and smiled. “Your birthday is exactly a month from today.” I laughed at how he pointed that out.

“Thanks for reminding me.” Gordon stood up and excused himself from the room. I sighed because this left me with the old pervert. The old man took Gordon’s seat as soon as he left.

“So, I was serious about that blowjob. When do you think you’ll be getting out of here?”

“Never.”

“Excuse me.”

“The reason that I’m in here is because I chopped off my husband’s dick,” I replied simply. The man’s eyes became wide and he cleared his throat. He slowly stood up from the chair and moved as far away from me as possible. I smirked, proud of my accomplishment. At least I did one thing right tonight.

Gordon came back with a black board with all my information in white lettering. He took the cuffs off of me and I sighed with relief and he handed me the board. “We’re going to take a couple of pictures.” He led me over to the other room and got me into position. “Just stand there and look pretty.” Gordon snapped a couple of pictures of me sideways and of me staring at the camera then he led me back out to the dark room. “Now, we’re going to get your fingerprints and get you dressed then we’re all done.”

“Can I get a phone call?”

“I’m sorry but not until morning. They’re starting this new thing about inmates not having calls after 12 AM.” I groaned and followed Gordon. We got my fingerprints done, and then he let me go to the bathroom. I had to actually pee but I also had to change out of my clothes into an ugly orange suit. You’ve got to be kidding me. I looked like an actual inmate. Gordon led me over to an empty cell. “Be safe, Finley. I hope someone gets you out soon.” I gave him a small smile, and he closed the bars and locked them.

“Bye, Officer Gordon.”

I tried to sleep but the beds were horrible. Plus, a woman in a cell near me kept screaming about how she just wanted to go home to her kids. She was crying and the officers kept yelling and asking her to shut up, but she wouldn’t. I didn’t know what she was in here for, but it broke my heart. She was separated from her kids because she made some mistake. Being in jail for a night gave me a lot to think about. I kept thinking about Jersey and what she was doing at the moment. Was she sleeping or was she fucking that Carly bitch? I really couldn’t believe her. We were doing so well and she just had to ruin everything. Obviously, I was horrible at picking girlfriends because out of two girlfriends I’ve had, one left me bruised and the other left me in jail.