$15

Something was up with Finley. I could tell by the way she was picking the pepperonis off her pizza timidly that something was wrong. What that something was, was a mystery to me. My breath smelled nice, I smelled nice, and I sure as hell looked good so I didn’t see what the hell the problem was. Maybe she was just nervous, but I don’t see why. It’s not like this is the first date she’s ever been on. If anyone should be nervous, it should be me. I was the one going out of my comfort zone and actually taking a girl out properly. Finley sighed as she sat her plate on the dashboard, and looked out the passenger window. I followed her eyes to see her staring at a girl tonguing down another girl. One of those girls was her ex. Oh, so that was the problem.

“I can move and park somewhere else if you’re uncomfortable,” I suggested, but Finley shook her head silently. I rose my eyebrows at the girl as she continuously stared out the window. She was obviously effected and upset about the whole thing. I didn’t know how I felt about that. Tonight was supposed to be a night with just Finley and I. I wasn’t going to let anyone ruin that especially not her low life of an ex. Without warning, I stuck my key in the ignition of my car, and started it up. Finley gave me an odd look. “Put on your seatbelt. We’re getting the fuck out of here.” She didn’t try to argue with me or beg for us to stay, she just put on her seatbelt as I asked.

When we got on the road, I wasn’t sure where the hell I was even going. “I’m sorry about what happened back there? I didn’t mean to ruin our plans. It’s just that she was there with someone else and it just annoyed me,” Finley confessed. She didn’t have to explain herself. I guess I could somewhat understand if I was in Finley’s shoes. Finley leant over to give me a kiss on the cheek, and I smiled a bit, and glanced over at her. She was smiling, too. “So, where are we going, Zen,” she asked me in a curious voice. A grin spread across my face at hearing my name come out of her mouth.

“I have no idea. I’m just driving,” I replied honestly. “Where should we go? We’re pretty much dressed up enough to go anywhere we want.” Finley had on her cute little dress, and I had on my flashy blazer. We both looked presentable, and dare I say, hot as fuck together. Finley and I would definitely make a good couple, looks-wise.

“Hmm,” Finley replied as she scrunched up her eyebrows. She was actually thinking hard about where we were going to go since the drive-in thing went to shit. I stopped at a stop light, and stared at the girl, awaiting her answer. “Don’t stare at me! I can’t think when people stare at me!” Seriously, and I thought she was the bright one out of the two of us. I looked out of the windshield, and faced the stop lights and oncoming traffic so Finley could think. “Eureka, I’ve got it! Let’s go to Georgie’s Jamboree!” You’ve got to be fucking kidding me. Georgie’s Jamboree was basically a local fucking Chuck E. Cheese. A bunch of snotty nosed kids ran around sneezing, and farting on anything they could. There was no way in hell I was going there!

“Hell no! Can we even get in there without a child!? People are going to think we’re fucking pedophiles,” I yelled. “Plus, it’s like 8 at night! I’m like 95% sure that they’re closed!” Finley shook her head at me the whole time as if each statement I raised or argued was completely wrong.

“We can get in without a kid and they don’t close until ten on Saturdays,” Finley responded matter-of-factly. What the hell? Did she go to this place on a regular or what? “I know because I used to work there! On Saturday nights hardly anyone is there, and as a former employee, I get 100 tickets on the house! We have to go! I haven’t been in so long. Please, Zen, Please.” Glimpsing over at a frowny, puppy dog eyed Finley, there was no way in hell I could say no.

“Fine. We’ll go to fucking Georgie’s Jamboree.”

Before I could even switch the gear in park, Finley was already out of the car. She ran up to the door, and waved impatiently for me to get out of the car. It was like she was high all over again. I wonder if there were any leftover brownies from last night, because if so Finley definitely must have ate some more. She was acting like a complete child, staring into the place she once worked with amazement. When I stepped out of the car, Finley yelled something about how they had renovated since the last time she had been. “They have three slides now,” she squealed with excitement. I walked up to her and just shook my head. Holding the door open for the crazy girl, I watched her run over to the ticket booth. I followed behind her.