( 2 ) thank god you're alive

hoseok's pov -

c'mon c'mon c'mon pickkk uppp ppllleeaassseee...

"the person you have dialed is not available, please leave a message at the—"

ring ring ring

i swear to fucking god jin pick up my calls...

"—you haven't talked to me in like 3 years what do you need?"

"HYUNGWHEREAREYOURIGHTNOWBECAUSEINEEDYOURHELPVEJEHCNWKDNJNSMKXKJDMD"

"speak clearly please otherwise i'm hanging up."

"WAIT JIN—"

"....okay what do you need then? what's so urgent that you had to call me?"

"i was robbing this house when i saw this kid that was trying to kill himself with pain killers. i called you because the last time something like this happened, you helped my mom and me... but where are you right now? i think this guy's place is nearby your place too... and also please don't call the cops because i was sorta robbing him."

"... i'll be right there, send me the address."

in about 3 minutes, i saw jin's car pull up to the driveway and i ran towards him to get him quickly into the house. jin ran out of his car, hurriedly grabbing his medical supplies, "okay where is he."

i dragged him by the arm and led him inside the house. at the top of the stairs i saw a figure lying on the floor and quickly rushed to the top to hold him.

i put my fingers underneath his lips and nose, leanibg my head down to his chest to listen for his heartbeat, "shit shit shit fuck! he's not breathing!"

jin ran up the stairs and moved me to the side; he skillfully ran his hands along the boy's neck searching for his pulse. "jesus... okay we don't have much time now, hoseok— open up my bag and find an unopened syringe, fill it up with the liquid in that bottle."

i nodded and followed his instructions as jin pressed his lips onto the boy's and started performing cpr. the boy was unresponsive for a few seconds but soon started to breath, "hand me the syringe—"

the boy started to fight back against jin's touch so i set the filled needle in jin's palm as he grabbed the boy's arm, inserting the syringe deep inside his flesh.

( a/n : oof i deadass based this on the show grey's anatomy so don't kill me if i got this all wrong and this might be totally inaccurate to how you would revive someone who has over dosed / to be fair tho i spent like an hour watching drug documentaries to at least try and get this somewhat accurate )

i grabbed the frail boy's arms and ran my fingers along his skin; his forearm was covered with old scars that looked like they were from a long time ago, along with a few that seemed recent.

the boy flinched beneath my touch as he opened his eyes and stared at me through his eyelashes for a moment before closing them again.

i looked over to my right and saw jin wipe the sweat from his forehead before saying, "you should've called 911... there's no way he'll survive with my help.."

"hyung, you're the best doctor i know. it might seem like a long shot but i have faith that he'll survive."

jin nodded slightly, standing up,
"where's the place you found him? you said he overdosed on — painkillers?"

i nodded and pointed to the bathroom; jin walked into the room and picked up several pill bottles and stashed them into his coat jacket before walking out. "okay thank god he didn't use an unknown complicated drug, this — i can work with, i think he'll be okay."