( 8 ) my mom's a prostitute

[ earlier : before hoseok's arrest ]

min yoonji's pov —
[ mom's pov ]

what should i say??? 'hi son, i'm sorry i ghosted you for 10 years... but i'm here now!' fuck it whatever.

i hit the call button, waiting for yoongi to pick up when i heard his voice, "...h-hello?"

"...hi sweetie, it's—" and then the line went silent. he'll talk to me when he sees me.

i looked up at my house, it seemed different somehow. when i finally gathered up my courage, i knocked on the door.

after a few minutes of waiting and no one answering, i took out my key— shocked to see it unlock the door —and walked in.

i walked through the kitchen looking at the house i once remembered. it hasn't changed much... i looked around the kitchen and saw a note on the table.

'i'm probably at the store to buy food if you're reading this. go back to sleep bc you're probably still sleepy but trying to look for me. i'll be back soon baby don't worry'

is he dating someone...?

i heard some noise in my old bedroom and walked towards it slowly. i opened the door, standing near the doorway, looking at my son.

he looks exactly the same as before...
yoongi was the same height, and his baby face had stayed identical from 10 years ago.

"... hi sweetie. i missed you." his face was streaked with tears and he was huddled on the edge of the bed, hugging his knees together.

"get out." his voice was shaky and unstable, and hearing it after so long made my chest hurt.

"it's been awhile... how've you been...?"

there was silence for a moment before he spoke,
"how have i been? how have i been?!? you disappeared for so long. you do not have the right to ask how i'm doing."

i wanted to reach out and hold him in my arms again, but i knew i couldn't do that. i'm the reason he's like this. he was shaking slightly in anger, staring at me with resentment.

"get the fuck out, and go find another man to please you, just like you always do." i winced slightly at his harsh words.

"Gi, i quit. i won't be doing that anymore, that's why i'm here." i said quietly, should i tell him the real reason why i'm here...?

"i said get out. go suck a fucking dick and get the hell out of my house." i'll try again later... tears filled my eyes as i slowly walked out of the room.

on my way out i spotted the pink fuzzy handcuffs i used to use. i raised an eye at them, wondering if he was now using my old toys on his new boyfriend. i looked back at him but he had his head turned and was staring out the window.

when i realized he wasn't looking, i quickly grabbed his phone and ran out.

a couple of hours later, yoongi still hadn't come out of the master bedroom and the person i had suspected of being his boyfriend, hadn't come home.

is that why he's so emotional? maybe they just broke up, because there's no way i could cause that much damage to him by coming back... right?

i had finished looking around the old house, taking in the place i once knew. the house was almost completely the same as before— it scared me slightly that he hadn't thrown my stuff away or moved out.